2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
3/4 cup whole milk
1/3 cup sour cream (regular)
1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Lightly grease (a little butter) a 12 cup muffin pan or use cup cake papers.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and vanilla.
3. Beat in eggs, then stir in milk and sour cream.
4. Mix in flour and chocolate chips. Mix until creamy.
5. Divide batter evenly between the muffin cups, they should be fully filled.
6. Bake for about 25-28 minutes. Use a toothpick to insert in center. It should comes out clean. It’s okay if chocolate from the morsels is on the toothpick.
Let cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from pan.
*For bigger muffins, use a 6 cup muffin pan.
Tag Archive: Valentine’s Day