1 lb. small shrimp (cleaned and boiled)
1 cup dry lentils
2 medium sized carrots (diced)
2 medium sized celery stalks (diced)
1 medium size onion (diced)
3/4 lb. small red potatoes (cut into 1/2 in. pieces)
1 garlic clove (minced)
1 16 oz. can of Italian Style Stewed Tomatoes
8 cups chicken broth
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. pepper
2 cups fresh spinach
3 cups water
1. Boil shrimp for 5 minutes. Drain well and set to the side.
2.. In a 5 quart pot, add 3 tbs. of olive oil. Over a medium heat, warm oil and add carrots, celery and onion. Cook until tender and stir occasionally. Add garlic and stir until garlic browns. Add salt and pepper.
2. Stir in stewed tomatoes (with the liquid), lentils, chicken broth, potatoes, and water. Stir with spoon. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 50 minutes. While soup is simmering (about 25 minutes in) add boiled shrimp. Stir in spinach 3 minutes before done. Add a pinch of extra sea salt if needed.
Serve hot. Serves 4-6 people
4 thick chicken cutlets (1/2 inch thick)
4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
2 vine tomatoes (diced)
1 small red onion (chopped)
1 clove of garlic (chopped)
salt and pepper
1. Put 2 tbs. of olive oil in a skillet. When oil heats, put in garlic. When garlic browns, add 1 tbs. of balsamic vinegar. Stir with a spoon. Add chicken cutlets to the pan. Cook on each side for 5-7 minutes. (depending on thickness of cutlets) You can cut the chicken to see that it is white in the middle. Remove chicken and keep covered.
2. In a bowl, add tomatoes and onions. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add 1 tsp. of olive oil and 1 tsp. of balsamic vinegar. Mix well.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Get a baking pan. Coat the bottom of the pan with 1 tbs. of olive oil. Place chicken cutlets in pan. Put a slice of mozzarella on each cutlet. Spoon tomato mixture evenly on top of all cutlets. Bake in oven for 5-7 minutes until mozzarella melts.
Serve warm. Serves 2-4 people. (Depends how hungry you are.)
3 large vine tomatoes (cut up)
1/2 lb. fresh bocconcini (small mozzarella balls)
1 large cucumber (sliced very thin)
1/2 lb. small boiled cold shrimp
1 tsp. sea salt
In a large bowl, put all ingredients.
Serves best with a Greek or Italian dressing.
1 lb. pasta (shells)
1 cup of grape or cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
1 cup of feta cheese (cut in bite size pieces)
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup pine nuts
3 tbs minced garlic
5 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups olive oil
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Make pesto sauce and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Boil pasta to desired taste. (Drain well)
- Put pasta, tomatoes and feta cheese in a large bowl.
- Put about 1/4 cup of pesto sauce on top. (Mix well.) If you feel it needs more pest sauce add a little more. (Refrigerate for 30 minutes for a cold pasta salad.) *Pesto sauce can stay in refrigerator for 2 weeks.
1 lb. uncooked medium shrimp (about 20 pieces)
1 large can tomatoes (whole pieces)
1 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
2 small shallots (chopped)
sea salt and black pepper
1. Open can of tomatoes. Slice tomatoes.
2. In a large skillet put 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Cook garlic and shallots for about 5 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Cook for 10 minutes.
4. Make sure uncooked shrimp are dry and not wet. In a bowl put shrimp. Add a tsp. of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Mix well.
5. In a round baking casserole dish, coat the bottom with 1/2 tsp. of olive oil. Add cooked tomatoes evenly on the bottom.
6. Put uncooked shrimp on top. Sprinkle feta cheese on top. (See photo)
7. In a preheated oven of 400 degrees, bake shrimp for about 10-12 minutes.
Serve hot. Serves 2-3 people.
4 tomatoes (sliced)
1 small red onion (thinly sliced)
2 cups fresh arugula (rinsed/dried)
1 small can pitted black olives (drained)
8 oz. feta cheese (cut into cubes)
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 tbsp. olive oil
3 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 lemon (juiced)
2 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
1 1/2 tbsp. honey
pinch of black pepper
- Dip feta cheese cubes into egg and then bread crumbs.
- In a skillet, put 2 tbsp. olive oil. When heated, add feta cheese. Cook on both sides for 2 minutes each and remove from skillet.
- On a large platter, spread out arugula. Put tomatoes, red onions and olives on top. (See photo.)
- Mix salad dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over salad.
- Top salad with fried feta.
4 1/4 lb. pieces of salmon
3 vine tomatoes (cut into small pieces)
1/2 lb. uncooked small shrimp (tails removed)
1/4 cup red onion (sliced)
1 tbsp. fresh basil (chopped)
sea salt and black pepper
white balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. In a baking pan, coat the bottom of the pan with 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
2. Sprinkle sea salt and black pepper on pieces of salmon.
3. Bake in oven for about 18-20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile in a skillet, put 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
5. Cook shrimp for about 4-5 minutes.
6. In a bowl, put shrimp, tomatoes, red onion and basil. Sprinkle with a little sea salt.
7. Add 2 tbsp. of olive oil and 2 tbsp. of white balsamic vinegar. Mix well.
8. Serve salmon with side of shrimp and tomatoes.