2 lbs. sweet potatoes
2 lbs. russet potatoes
1 1/2 sticks butter (softened)
About 2 cups heavy cream
2 large leeks (sliced thin)
sea salt and black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Rinse all potatoes. Dry well. Put an X on top of each potato.
2. Bake all potatoes in the oven until soft. (about 45 min. to 1 hour)
3. Let potatoes cool for a little while.
4. Take sweet potatoes and scoop out the center. Put in a deep mixing bowl.
5. Add 3/4 stick of butter and 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Mix until creamy. (set to the side) If you need a little more cream, add it and mix well.
6. Take russet potatoes and scoop out center into a deep mixing bowl. Add 3/4 stick of butter and 1/2 cup of cream. Mix until creamy. (set to the side) If you need a little more cream, add it and mix well.
7. In a large baking pan put sweet potatoes. Spread it out and smooth out top. Sprinkle sea salt and black pepper on top.
8. Put mashed potatoes on top and smooth on top. Sprinkle with a little sea salt and black pepper.
9. Put baking pan in oven. (400 degrees) Bake for about 15 minutes.
10. Meanwhile in a skillet, put 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Add leeks and cook until slightly crispy.
11. Remove potatoes from oven. Pour leeks on top.