Have You “Liked” “Cooking With Mr. C.” On Facebook??
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4 (8oz.) bars of cream cheese (softened)
1 1/2 pints sour cream
4 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Mix all ingredients together. Mix well.
Ingredients for Crust:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
3/4 stick margarine
3 tbs. sugar
1.Mix all ingredients together.
2. In a 9 inch spring pan, layer graham cracker filling on the bottom of the pan. Make sure crumbs are spread evenly.
3. Pour cream cheese mixture on top of crumbs.
4. Bake for 1 hour. Turn off oven and let cake stay in oven until oven is cool.
*Important: Don’t open oven while baking. Only open when oven has completely cooled down.
5. You can use canned cherries, blueberries or pineapples on top. You can also leave it plain.
1 lb. chopped beef (made into 4 burgers)
4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup guacamole
1. Cook burgers to your desired taste.
2. When burger is almost done, place a slice of cheddar cheese on top.
3. In a bowl, mix sour cream, salsa, and guacamole. Mix it all together.
4. When burger is done, put a dollop of salsa mixture on top.
*Serving with fries is optional.
2 1/4 cups dried split peas (rinsed)
8 cups water
1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
2 medium celery stalks, finely chopped
1/4 tsp. black pepper and spindled sea salt (to your taste)
1 ham bone *optional
3 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1 Heat peas and water to boiling in 4-quart pot. Boil uncovered 2 minutes; remove from heat. Cover and let stand 1 hour.
2 Stir in onion, celery, sea salt and black pepper. Add ham bone. Heat to a boil and then reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 1 hour 30 minutes or until peas are tender.
3 Remove ham bone; remove ham from bone. Trim excess fat from ham; cut ham into 1/2-inch pieces. (*ham bone is optional)
4 Stir ham and carrots into soup. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes or until carrots are tender and soup is desired consistency.
*Put a dollop of sour cream on top.
*You can make split pea soup without the ham bone.
Set it up and let everyone help themselves.
6 tortilla shells
6 chicken cutlets (grilled and cut into bite size pieces)
1/2 lb. shrimp (tails removed and boiled)
2 cups salsa
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups sour cream
1 head of iceberg lettuce (shredded)
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1. Fill each shell with lettuce and top with fillings of your choice.
Optional/Suggestions: red onions, guacamole, chick peas, black beans, sliced beef
Ingredients For Potato Pancakes:
4 large potatoes
1 yellow onion
1 egg (beaten)
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
3 tbs. all-purpose flour
2 cups vegetable oil for frying
1. Finely grate potatoes and onion into a large bowl. Drain excess water in a strainer.
2. Add in egg, sea salt, and black pepper. Add flour to make mixture thick. Add another tbs. of flour, if needed.
3. Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat. Drop two or three 1/4 cup mounds into hot oil, and flatten to make 1/2 inch thick pancakes.
4. Fry, turning once, until golden brown. When done (about 4-5 minutes) let absorb on paper towels.
1 lb. fresh Nova Scotia Lox (sliced thin)
1 cup of sour cream
4 plum tomatoes (chopped)
1 small red onion (chopped)
1/4 cup capers
3 tbs. olive oil
2 tbs. balsamic vinegar
1. In small bowl, mix tomatoes, red onion, capers, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
2. Place potato pancake on a plate. Top with a slice or two of lox.
3. Put a dollop of sour cream on top.
4. Put about 2 tablespoons of tomato mixture on top.