*Here’s a wonderful meal to celebrate “Cinco de Mayo” or any celebration.
8 chicken cutlets
3/4 lb. medium shrimp (thawed and rinsed)
2 cups sliced red onions
sea salt and black pepper
- In a large skillet, put 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Cook onions on medium heat until tender. Remove from skillet. Keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add shrimp. (add a drop more olive oil if needed) Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Cook on each side for about 3 minutes each. When done, remove and keep warm with onions.
- In the same skillet, add one tbsp. of olive oil. Begin to cook chicken cutlets. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Cook on each side for about 4 minutes each. (depends on the thickness of cutlets)
- When cutlets are cooked, keep in skillet. Add shrimp and onions to skillet to heat through. Pour citrus sauce (recipe below) on top of the chicken and shrimp. When sauce begins to sizzle, remove and serve. *A side of guacamole goes well with this dish.
Ingredients for Citrus Sauce (You may want to double this recipe for extra dipping.)
1 cup fresh orange juice
2 tbsp. garlic (minced)
1 tbsp. fresh rosemary (chopped)
2 tsp. butter
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
sea salt and black pepper (sprinkle of each)
Directions to make sauce.
1. Combine orange juice, garlic and rosemary in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Let simmer on low heat for 3 minutes. Add butter, vinegar, sea salt and black pepper. Stir until the butter has melted. Serve warm and pour over shrimp and chicken.
1 lb. uncooked medium shrimp (about 20 pieces)
1 large can tomatoes (whole pieces)
1 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
2 small shallots (chopped)
sea salt and black pepper
1. Open can of tomatoes. Slice tomatoes.
2. In a large skillet put 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Cook garlic and shallots for about 5 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Cook for 10 minutes.
4. Make sure uncooked shrimp are dry and not wet. In a bowl put shrimp. Add a tsp. of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Mix well.
5. In a round baking casserole dish, coat the bottom with 1/2 tsp. of olive oil. Add cooked tomatoes evenly on the bottom.
6. Put uncooked shrimp on top. Sprinkle feta cheese on top. (See photo)
7. In a preheated oven of 400 degrees, bake shrimp for about 10-12 minutes.
Serve hot. Serves 2-3 people.
Have You “Liked” “Cooking With Mr. C.” on Facebook?
1 lb. farfalle (cooked to your desired taste)
1 lb. medium shrimp (pre-boiled/cooked)
1 lb. bay scallops
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1 cup white wine
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. dry parsley ( fresh if you have)
1. In a large skillet, put olive oil and garlic. Brown garlic for a minute and add shrimp and scallops.
2. Stir/Turn frequently. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
3. After 4-5 minutes, add white wine. Stir.
4. Make sure your pasta is drained well and put in a bowl.
5. Pour scallops and shrimp on top. Sprinkle parsley and parmesan cheese on top.
1 lb. uncooked linguine
1 1/2 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. white wine
3 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
3 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
sea salt and black pepper to taste
1 lb. medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat; add wine, cheese, garlic, parsley and sea salt and black pepper to taste. Simmer over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Increase heat to medium high and add shrimp to saucepan; cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp begins to turn pink.
- Divide pasta into portions and spoon sauce on top; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
1 lb. thawed uncooked small or medium shrimp (cleaned and dried of excess water)
3 tbs. olive oil
1 lemon (juiced)
1 large clove of garlic (chopped)
2 tbsp grated ginger (optional)
sea salt and black pepper
- Put olive oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and cook for one minute on high heat.
- Add shrimp. Pour lemon and ginger into skillet. Stir shrimp around.
- Sprinkle sea salt and pepper.
- After a minute and a half, turn over and cook for another two minutes, Serve hot!
4 large slices of filet of sole
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 egg (beaten)
olive oil (for frying)
4 hero breads
1/2 cup sliced red onion
2 tomatoes (cut into small pieces)
16 small shrimp (boiled/cooled)
1 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
1. Dip sole into egg and then bread crumbs. Coat well.
2. In a large skillet put about 3 tbsp. of olive oil. Cook sole on both sides for about 3 minutes each. Let drain on paper towel.
3. In a large bowl, put tomatoes, red onions, shrimp, 1 tbsp. olive oil and white balsamic vinegar and sea salt. Mix well.
4. Place filet of sole on hero bread. Top with shrimp tomato salad. *See photo.
Set it up and let everyone help themselves.
6 tortilla shells
6 chicken cutlets (grilled and cut into bite size pieces)
1/2 lb. shrimp (tails removed and boiled)
2 cups salsa
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups sour cream
1 head of iceberg lettuce (shredded)
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1. Fill each shell with lettuce and top with fillings of your choice.
Optional/Suggestions: red onions, guacamole, chick peas, black beans, sliced beef