1 lb. piece of fresh tuna
1 cup canned chick peas (drained)
1/4 cup red onion (chopped)
1/2 cup fresh carrots (chopped)
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes in olive oil (chopped)
sea salt and black pepper
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
1. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt and black pepper on tuna.
2. With a little olive oil, brush a heated grill and grill tuna until desired taste.
3. In a skillet, put olive oil. Heat for a minute and add chick peas, red onions, carrots and sundries tomatoes.
4. Sprinkle with pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Mix well.
5. After 3 minutes, add white balsamic vinegar. Cook for an additional minute.
6. When serving, pour over grilled tuna and serve hot.
Tag Archive: red onion
2 ripe tomatoes (diced)
1/4 cup red onion (diced)
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives (chopped)
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. olive oil
pinch of sea salt
Italian bread sliced thin or thin crispy toast crackers
In a large bowl, put tomatoes, olives, red onion, vinegar, olive oil and sea salt. Stir gently.
If you’re using Italian bread, slice it thin.
Put bread on a baking tray and rub a little olive oil on top of each slice.
In a preheated oven, 350 degrees, let bread crisp in the oven. (about 5 minutes)
Let bread cool for 5 minutes and put bruschetta on each slice.
1 lb. whole wheat pasta shells (mini)
3 ears of corn (*Canned corn, well drained is fine too.)
1/2 cup red onion (chopped)
1/4 cup red bell pepper (minced)
1 cup fresh ricotta
1 tsp.sea salt
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 pieces of fresh basil (chopped)
1. Remove husks from corn. Brush with a little olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. On a grill/barbecue, grill ears of corn until a little golden brown. Turn while cooking. (about a total of ten minutes) *Or, open canned corned and drain very well. Grill in skillet for about 3 minutes. Skip Step 2 if using canned corn.
2. Let corn cool for about 15 minutes and then shuck the corn off the cob.
3. Begin to boil pasta to your desired taste.
4. Drain pasta well. Put pasta in a large bowl. Add corn, red onion, red bell pepper, 3 tbsp. of olive of oil and 1 tsp. of sea salt. Mix well.
5. Pour pasta onto a serving platter.
6. Place dollops of fresh ricotta on top. Put basil leaves on top.
Optional: Drizzle a little olive oil on top.
Note: Some enjoy this as a cold pasta dish as well as a warm one.
Have You Liked “Cooking With Mr. C.” On Facebook?
3 large vine tomatoes (Cut into eighths)
2 cucumbers (cut into 1/4 in. slices)
1 red onion (sliced
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. dry oregano
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well.
3 lbs. mussels
3 avocados (sliced)
1/2 cup red onion (sliced)
1 bulb of garlic (roasted)
1/4 cup olive oil
sea salt and black pepper
- In a large pot, put 1 cup of water. Add cleaned mussels and cook on a low heat. (about 8 minutes) You want the mussels to open and cook.
- Drain well. Let cool a few minutes and then remove mussels from shells.
- Slice avocados to bite size pieces.
- Slice red onion.
- Put all ingredients in a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take a piece of aluminum foil. Put garlic bulb on top. Drizzle a tbsp of olive oil on top of bulb. Wrap up and cook in oven for about 30 minutes.
- Let cool and remove garlic from bulb.
- In a food processor, put garlic, 1/4 cup olive oil and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Pulsate for 20 seconds.
- Pour dressing over mussels and serve.
Have You “Liked” “Cooking With Mr. C.” on Facebook?
Focaccia or Pizza Bread
1/2 lb. shrimp (uncooked)
1/2 lb. bay scallops (uncooked)
3 large red onions (sliced)
1 large vidalia onion (sliced)
2 cups fresh arugula
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
3 tbsp. balsamic oil
2 tsp. white sugar
1. In a skillet, put 1 tbsp. olive oil. Cook shrimp and scallops. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Turn shrimp and scallops while cooking. Should take no more than 5 minutes to cook. Set to the side.
2. In a skillet, put 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Cook sliced onions. Stir frequently. When they are tender, add balsamic vinegar and sugar. Stir together. Cook an additional 2 minutes. Set onions to the side. (If it’s to oily, drain some of the excess.)
3.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush a little olive oil of focaccia/pizza bread. Place on a baking sheet and place in oven, just for about 5 minutes. You want the bread to begin to get crisp.
4. Remove bread from oven. Spread cooked onions evenly on top Scatter fresh arugula on top. Place cooked shrimp and scallops evenly on top. (If the scallops are large, you can cut them into pieces.)
5.Return to the oven for about 6-8 minutes.
*Serve hot and crispy.
10 pork cutlets (cut in strips)
1 medium red onion (sliced)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
2 cups fresh snap peas
1 cup carrots (shredded, small pieces)
1 cup mushrooms (rinsed and dried) * cut in half if large
1 cup string beans (rinsed and cut in half)
2 tbs. fresh ginger (shredded)
5 tbs. sesame oil plus extra
3 tbs. soy sauce (low sodium)
1 tbs. fresh basil (chopped)
1. Using 2 tbs. of sesame oil, cook pork strips (about 5 minutes) in a large skillet. Remove and put to the side.
2. In same skillet put 3 tbs. of sesame oil. Heat up for a minute and add garlic, red onions, carrots, mushrooms, string beans and snow peas. Stir frequently. Add 2 tbs. of soy sauce and stir. (If you need a little more sesame oil, add a little.)
3. When vegetables are tender, add cooked pork, basil and ginger. Drizzle a drop of sesame oil and 1 tbs. of soy sauce. Cook on a high heat for 3 minutes and continue to stir.
2 red bell peppers sliced thin (seeds removed)
1 green bell pepper sliced thin (seeds removed)
1 orange bell pepper sliced thin (seeds removed)
1 cup grape tomatoes
1 yellow zucchini sliced thin
1/2 cup red onion sliced thin
2 basil leaves (chopped)
½ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup mustard or dijon mustard
¼ cup honey
½ tsp. sea salt
½ tsp. black pepper
- Mix dressing ingredients and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- In a large bowl put all vegetables.
- Gradually add dressing to vegetables and mix. (about half)
- Adjust to how much dressing you want on your vegetables. Serve cold.
Have you “Liked” “Cooking With Mr. C.” on Facebook?
A Loaf Of Multigrain Sliced Bread (Toasted)
1 (8oz.) cream cheese
2 ripe bananas (sliced thin)
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 small red onion (sliced)
- On toasted bread, spread some cream cheese.
- On one slice of bread put sliced banana and blueberries.
- On one slice of bread put lox and red onion. (see photos)
1 1/2 lbs of fresh carrots rinsed and cleaned well, patted dry (leave an inch of the green stem on)
1 large red onion (cut into small wedges)
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. fresh chopped rosemary
2 cloves garlic (peeled and crushed)
Sea salt and black pepper
1 Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil. Place the carrots, red onion wedges, and crushed garlic cloves on the pan and sprinkle with chopped rosemary.
2. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to combine so that the carrots and onions are lightly coated. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
3. Roast at for 30 to 40 minutes until well browned and caramelized around the edges. Remove from pan and place in a serving dish to serve.