1/2 lb. asparagus (stalk tips cut off)
2 red bell peppers (sliced thin)
2 orange bell peppers (sliced thin)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
sea salt and black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large baking pan, coat the bottom with 1 1/2 tbsp. with olive oil.
- Layer asparagus and peppers in pan. Scatter garlic on top.
- Drizzle a little olive oil on top. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
- Bake in oven for about 10 minutes.
- Stir vegetables around. Put back in the oven for another 10 minutes. *Vegetables should be tender when done.
3 tbs. Vegetable Oil
1 1/2 lbs. boneless beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
3 cups thinly sliced green, red, and orange bell peppers (your choice)
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced yellow onion
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes (drained)
1/2 cup Stir Fry Sauce-Marinade (La Choy Brand is good)
1/4 cup water
2 tbs. lite soy sauce
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add steak and cook and stir until browned. After browned, remove from skillet. Keep warm.
- Use 1 1/2 tablespoon of oil. Add bell peppers and onion to skillet. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes. (If you need a drop more of oil add it.)
- Stir in drained tomatoes, stir fry sauce, water, soy sauce and meat.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer for about 5 minutes. (You want sauce to thicken.)
Have You “Liked” “Cooking With Mr. C.” on Facebook?
2 boneless chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
1 red bell pepper (seeds removed and diced)
1/2 cup zucchini (diced)
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
2 scallions (chopped)
2 1/2 tbs. olive oil
2 tbs. soy sauce 10 lettuce leaves (cold and crisp)
1. In a large skillet, put 1 tbs. olive oil. Add garlic, zucchini and red bell pepper. Brown for two minutes. Stir frequently. Remove and set to the side. 2. Add a tbs. of olive oil to skillet. Cook chicken. Stir frequently for about 5-6 minutes. Make sure chicken is cooked. 3. Add scallions, soy sauce and remaining 1/2 tbsp. olive oil. Stir well. Add cooked zucchini and peppers. 4. Cook for additional 3-5 minutes. Chicken should be white/cooked on the inside.
5. Wrap chicken in pieces of lettuce. (See photo.)
2 large eggplant (skin removed) sliced 1/4 inch thick
2 large zucchinis (sliced 1/4 inch thick)
3 large red bell peppers (seeds removed) sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 1/2 lb. piece fresh mozzarella (sliced thin)
6 pieces fresh basil
1. Brush all vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
2. Grill all vegetables until tender. Set to the side.
3. Begin to stack vegetables and mozzarella. (Eggplant, Zucchini, Mozzarella, Roasted Pepper, Eggplant, Zucchini and Mozzarella on top)
4. In a food processor, put 3 tbs. of olive oil and basil. Put in food processor. Beat for a minute.
5. Drizzle olive oil on top of cheese.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Put a little olive oil in a baking pan. Put all stacked vegetables in pan.
7. Bake in oven for about 15 minutes until heated through and cheese is bubbly.
1 lb. cooked chicken (shredded)
2 cups of corn
2 cups red bell peppers (sliced thin)
1 cup yellow bell peppers (sliced thin)
1/2 cup red onion (sliced)
3 tbsp. fresh parsley (chopped)
2 tsp. sea salt
1 tbsp. olive oil
1. In a large bowl mix all ingredients, except olive oil.
2. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
3. Add olive oil before serving. Mix well.
2 tbsp. sesame oil
3 cloves garlic cloves (chopped)
1 can (10 oz.) black beans (Goya) (drained and rinsed)
1 tsp.sea salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts (cut into sliced pieces)
3 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 small sweet onion (peeled and sliced)
4 green scallions (chopped)
2 green bell peppers (diced)
2 red bell peppers (diced)
1 tbsp. low sodium dark soy sauce
4 tsp. cornstarch
3 tbsp. water
1. Heat a skillet over a medium heat with 3 tbsp. olive oil. Add chicken pieces and cook on all sides for about 5-6 minutes. Make sure it’s all cooked and set to the side.
2. In a separate skillet, add the sesame oil and heat for about 30 seconds. Stir in garlic, peppers, onions and scallions. Cook for 3 minutes and then add black beans. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Stir.
3. Add chicken to the skillet. cook, stirring frequently. Pour in chicken stock and cover. Cook for 5 minutes on a low heat.
4. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, water and soy sauce. Stir well.
5. Add to chicken and vegetable skillet. Stir together. Raise the heat for 3 minutes and stir well.
Serve hot. Serve over rice.
8 chicken cutlets (sliced into pieces)
3 green bell peppers (seeds removed and sliced)
3 red bell peppers (seeds removed and sliced)
1 sweet onion (sliced)
4 tbs. olive oil
2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1. In a large skillet put 3 tbs. of olive oil. Add peppers and onions. Sprinkle 1 tsp. of salt and mix well. Cook until peppers and onions are tender. Set to the side.
2. In another skillet, put a tbs. of olive oil. (you may need a little more while cooking) Cook chicken pieces. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. of salt and black pepper.
3. When chicken is cooked, add cooked peppers and onions. Heat through for another 2 minutes and serve.
When making vegetable tempura, you can use a variety of different vegetables. Here’s a basic recipe.
4 large carrots (sliced)
4 large sweet potatoes (peeled and sliced)
2 red bell peppers (seeds removed and sliced)
2 green bell peppers (seeds removed and sliced)
1 cup of all purpose flour (sifted)
1 cup iced water
1 large egg
1. In a bowl, beat egg and then add iced water. Add sifted flower. Mix gently. Do not over mix batter.
2. Dip all vegetables in batter.
3. In a large deep skillet or wok, fill with vegetable oil halfway up. When oil is hot, gently drop battered vegetables into the oil. Let cook for 3 minutes and then let drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with sea salt and serve.