1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into chunks
1 red bell pepper (chopped)
1 green bell pepper (chopped)
2 tbsp. white wine
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. distilled white vinegar
2 tsp. brown sugar
4 green scallions (chopped)
1 garlic clove (chopped)
1. In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon wine, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon cornstarch/water mixture and mix together. Place chicken pieces in a glass bowl and add marinade. Toss well to coat. Cover dish and place in refrigerator for at least one hour. (overnight, even better)
2. In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon wine, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon cornstarch/water mixture, red pepper flakes (optional) vinegar and sugar. Mix together and add scallions and garlic.
3. In a medium skillet, heat sauce slowly for about 3 minutes.
4. In a skillet put 1 tbsp. olive oil and sauté peppers and set to the side. (just about 3-4 minutes)
5. Remove chicken from marinade and saute in a large skillet until meat is white on the inside. Add chicken and peppers to the sauce.
6. Raise heat for a minute and serve hot.