1 cooked Rotisserie chicken cut into bite size pieces (no skin or bones)
2 cups brown rice
1 small onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1/2 cup pitted salad olives (Goya)
1 8 oz. can Del Monte Sauce
3 cups water
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cups chicken broth
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. oregano
pepper (to taste)
1. In a large pot, brown the onion and garlic in the olive oil. Add sea salt, pepper, oregano and can of sauce. Next, add olives. Simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Add water, chicken broth and rice. The liquids should cover the rice.
3. Cook at a medium flame for about 40 minutes or until rice starts to dry and become fluffy.
4. 5 minutes before rice is done, add cooked chicken to rice. Make sure chicken is heated through.
1 lb. Linguine
1 lb. shrimp
1 cup of assorted olives in olive oil (room temperature) *pitted is better
parmesan cheese (grated)
1. Remove tails from shrimp. Boil for 5 minutes and drain well.
2. Add shrimp to your tomato sauce.
3. Boil linguine for 10 minutes or to desired taste. (Drain well)
4. Heat sauce and shrimp.
5. Put shrimp and some sauce on top of linguine.
6. Pour olives over linguine. Mix well.
7. Put grated parmesan cheese on top.
1 lb. prosciutto (sliced thin)
1 lb. fresh mozzarella (sliced)
3 tbs. olive oil
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
8 rolls (of your choice)
1. In a bowl, mix olive oil, sea salt and black pepper. Stir well.
2. Cut open rolls. On the inside of the roll, brush a little olive oil.
3. Place prosciutto on roll and a slice of mozzarella on top.
4. You can drizzle a little olive oil on top of the mozzarella, if you wish.
*Suggestion: Serve sandwiches with a variety of different olives.