2 ripe tomatoes (diced)
1/4 cup red onion (diced)
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives (chopped)
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. olive oil
pinch of sea salt
Italian bread sliced thin or thin crispy toast crackers
In a large bowl, put tomatoes, olives, red onion, vinegar, olive oil and sea salt. Stir gently.
If you’re using Italian bread, slice it thin.
Put bread on a baking tray and rub a little olive oil on top of each slice.
In a preheated oven, 350 degrees, let bread crisp in the oven. (about 5 minutes)
Let bread cool for 5 minutes and put bruschetta on each slice.
Tag Archive: kalamata olives
Have You “Liked” “Cooking With Mr. C.” on Facebook?
1 lb. bag cheese tortellini (frozen or fresh)
4 cups fresh spinach (chopped)
2 cups. chopped plum tomatoes
1/2 cup kalamata olives
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
2 tbs. olive oil
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1. Boil tortellini (follow instructions on bag). Drain well and set aside.
2. In a large skillet put olive oil and brown garlic. Add tomatoes and stir for about 2 minutes. Add spinach and stir until tender. Sprinkle sea salt and pepper. Remove and add to tortellini. Put olives on top.
Note: When I first served this dish, a guest asked, “What’s in it? After listing all the ingredients, my guest explained, “That’s Crazy”, hence the name “Mr. C’s Crazy Tuna”.
1 large can (12 oz.) of tuna in olive oil. (chop up tuna)
2 tbsp. capers
3 tbsp. sweet pickle relish (* I buy a brand where the relish is a little more crunchy, than soft.)
3 large slices of sweet jarred peppers (minced)
1/4 cup of chopped kalamata olives (chopped)
2 hard boiled eggs (chopped)
2 tbsp. mayonnaise
1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
a pinch of sea salt and black pepper
4 large avocados, cut in halves for stuffing
- In a very large bowl, mix all ingredients, except the avocados.
- Stuff each avocado halve.
*If you don’t want to stuff avocados, serve with crusty bread or a sesame cracker.
3 cucumbers (cut into 1/4 inch bite size pieces)
1 cup feta cheese (bite size squares)
1/2 cup red onion (sliced)
1/2 cup kalamata olives (pits removed)
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. fresh or dry dill
4 tbs. olive oil
3 tbs. red wine vinegar
1. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients, except olive oil and vinegar. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
2. When ready to serve, add olive oil and vinegar. Mix well and serve.