Have You “Liked” “Cooking With Mr. C.” on Facebook?
1 cup dry lentils
2 medium sized carrots (diced)
2 medium sized celery stalks (diced)
1 medium size onion (diced)
3/4 lb. small red potatoes (cut into 1/2 in. pieces)
1 garlic clove (minced)
1 16 oz. can of Italian Style Stewed Tomatoes
8 cups chicken broth
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 small head escarole ( about 1 lb.) (thinly sliced)
3 cups water
1. In a 5 quart pot, add 3 tbs. of olive oil. Over a medium heat, warm oil and add carrots, celery and onion. Cook until tender and stir occasionally. Add garlic and stir until garlic browns. Add salt and pepper.
2. Stir in stewed tomatoes (with the liquid), lentils, chicken broth, potatoes, and water. Stir with spoon. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 50 minutes. While soup is simmering (about 20 minutes in) add the shredded escarole. Stir escarole and continue to simmer. Add a pinch of salt if needed. You can serve with some grated cheese on top.
Serve hot. Serves 4-6 people
If you’re a fan of Donna Summer music, then check out “Summer: The Donna Summer Musical” at The Lunt-Fontanne Theatre on West 46th Street. I visited backstage with the very talented Jared Zirilli after the performance. Also, check out Jared’s very talented wife, Whitney Bashor this Fall in the new Off-Broadway musical, “Ordinary Days”.
It’s always a pleasure getting the opportunity to hang out with Fran Drescher. Today we both took in Renee Taylor’s “My Life On A Diet” at the Theatre at St. Clements on West 46th. You have until September 2, to check it out. A wonderful time for any true “Nanny” fan.
A wonderful evening on Broadway with a backstage invite from Marilu Henner. Check her out in “Gettin’ The Band Back Together” at the Belasco Theatre.
A real treat to be invited to meet movie icon Hayley Mills after her performance in the play “Party Face”. What’s your favorite Hayley Mills movie?
Have You “Liked” Cooking With Mr. C.” On Facebook??
2 lbs. tomato sauce
2 lbs. ricotta cheese
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1lb. box lasagna noodles
1. Boil lasagna noodles according to directions on the box, drain well and let cool a few minutes.
2. In a large bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, eggs, half of the grated Parmesan cheese, dried parsley, sea salt and ground black pepper.
3. To assemble, in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish, evenly spread 3/4 cup of the sauce mixture. Place a layer of lasagna noodles.
4. Use half of the cheese mixture and spread evenly. Add 1/4 cup sauce on top. . Repeat layers twice. Top with 3 noodles, remaining sauce, remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
5. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Get My New Children’s Storybook, “Mr. C. Takes Manhattan” from Mascot Books and Amazon.
Have You Liked “Cooking With Mr. C.” on Facebook?
3 (6 oz.) cans of minced clams in juice
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1 clove of garlic (chopped)
2 tsp. oregano (fresh preferred)
2 tsp. dried parsley
1/2 tsp. sea salt
2 tbs. parmesan cheese
2 tbs. of olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients.
2. Using premade (aluminum) clam shells, stuff each one. Depending on how much you stuff each one, you will need about 12 clam shells.
3. On a baking tray, put stuffed clam shells.
4. Bake in oven for 15-18 minutes or until tops of clams are slightly crispy.
Serve with lemon.