1 lb. medium shrimp (peeled and cleaned)
1 lb. medium scallops
4 cloves of garlic (sliced)
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
sea salt and black pepper
1. In a large skillet, add olive oil and garlic. Brown garlic for a minute and then add honey and soy sauce. Stir well.
2. Add scallops. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Cook for 3 minutes and then add shrimp. (shrimp cooks faster)
3. Sprinkle sea salt and black pepper on shrimp.
4. Cook shrimp for about 3-4 minutes. Turn frequently so both sides are cooked well.
Serve hot. Serves 4 people.
*You can serve over rice.
Have You Liked “Cooking With Mr. C.” On Facebook?
1 lb. dried figs
1 cup walnuts (chopped)
honey (I use Golden Blossom.)
1. Take each fig and press thumb down into the middle.
2. Brush each fig with a little honey.
3. Put a few chopped walnut pieces on top. Push them down into the fig.
4. Let sit for an hour at room temperature and then serve.
4 pork chops (salt and pepper on each side)
3 tbs. of olive oil
3 tbs. of honey
2 tbs. grated ginger
4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
sea salt and pepper
1. In a large skillet, put olive oil. Brown garlic for a minute. Add honey and stir. Put chops in pan.
2. Chops will need to cook for at least 20 minutes or until white on the inside. (It depends on the thickness of your chops. The thicker they are the longer they will need to cook.)
3. Keep turning, so they don’t burn on either side. Add ginger about 3 minutes before chops are done. Serve hot.
9 firm pears, peel, core and slice
4 tbsp. flour
1/2 cup honey
1 tbsp. brandy
1 tsp. grated lemon rind
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. fresh ginger (optional)
Pie crust (Homemade or store bought)
Preheat 375 degrees.
1. Toss pears with flour and put in 9 inch pie pan.
2. Mix rest of ingredients except butter and pour over pears. Dot with butter.
3. Cover with crust and make slit or cut out a little cycle on top. (see photo).
4. Bake for about 40 minutes. Pears should be tender and crust should be golden brown.
4 boneless chicken breasts (cut into 1/4 inch strips)
1 cup honey
1/2 cup mustard
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1. In a large bowl, put honey, mustard, salt and pepper. Add chicken strips and mix well.
2. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
In a preheated oven of 400 degrees, put chicken pieces on a greased (2 tbs. olive oil) deep pan. Bake in oven for about 20-25 minutes. Cut a piece of chicken in half to see if cooked. Chicken should be white on the inside when cooked. Or
You can use a deep frying pan and add 4 tbs. of olive oil. Fry chicken pieces for about 10 minutes. Constantly turn, so all sides become crispy. Cut a piece of chicken in half to see if cooked. Chicken should be white on the inside when cooked.