8 thin pork chops
2 cups carrots (sliced thin)
1/2 cup leeks (chopped)
2 cups oyster mushrooms (chopped) *you can use other mushroom
1 cup heirloom tomatoes sliced
sea salt and black pepper
1. In a large skillet, put 2 tbsp. of olive oil and cook pork chops on both sides. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Cook approximately 10 minutes in total. Pork chops should be white in the center when sliced. Remove pork chops and set to the side.
2. In the same skillet add 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Add leeks, carrots and mushrooms. Stir. Add another tbsp. of olive oil while cooking. Add a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. When carrots are tender, add tomatoes. Stir.
3. Add pork chops back to the same pan. Heat for another minute and serve.
Tag Archive: heirloom tomatoes
8 chicken cutlets
2 cups of baby heirloom tomatoes (cut in half)
1 large yellow heirloom tomato (sliced)
1 tsp. sea salt
1 lemon (juiced)
2 tbsp. olive oil
1. Salt chicken cutlets. Place on grill. Use lemon juice to brush on while cooking. Cook thoroughly on each side.
2. In a skillet, put 2 tbs.of olive oil. Add sliced baby heirlooms. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Cook for 4-5 minutes. They should be soft.
3. Put tomatoes on top of chicken cutlets. (see photo)
4. On sliced yellow heirlooms, sprinkle your favorite dressing.
4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
8 slices of sharp cheddar cheese
2 pints baby heirloom tomatoes (cut in half)
1/2 cup olive oil
1 whole lemon (juiced)
1 tsp. sea salt
olive oil (for tomatoes)
1. In a large Ziploc bag, put chicken breasts, olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt. Keep refrigerated for at least 2 hours.
*You can use a marinade of your choice.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a deep baking dish put chicken breasts. Cover pan with aluminum foil. Cut some holes in aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
3. While chicken is cooking, put heirloom tomatoes in a skillet with 2 tbs. of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Cook for about 8-10 minutes. Stir frequently. Leave to the side.
4. When chicken is done, remove from oven and place 2 cheddar cheese slices on each breast. Return to oven for 3 minutes until cheese melts.
5. Begin to reheat tomatoes for a minute.
6. Put chicken breasts on a serving platter and pour heirloom tomatoes on top.