1 lb. whole wheat pasta shells (mini)
3 ears of corn (*Canned corn, well drained is fine too.)
1/2 cup red onion (chopped)
1/4 cup red bell pepper (minced)
1 cup fresh ricotta
1 tsp.sea salt
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 pieces of fresh basil (chopped)
1. Remove husks from corn. Brush with a little olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. On a grill/barbecue, grill ears of corn until a little golden brown. Turn while cooking. (about a total of ten minutes) *Or, open canned corned and drain very well. Grill in skillet for about 3 minutes. Skip Step 2 if using canned corn.
2. Let corn cool for about 15 minutes and then shuck the corn off the cob.
3. Begin to boil pasta to your desired taste.
4. Drain pasta well. Put pasta in a large bowl. Add corn, red onion, red bell pepper, 3 tbsp. of olive of oil and 1 tsp. of sea salt. Mix well.
5. Pour pasta onto a serving platter.
6. Place dollops of fresh ricotta on top. Put basil leaves on top.
Optional: Drizzle a little olive oil on top.
Note: Some enjoy this as a cold pasta dish as well as a warm one.