4 slices of salami (thinly sliced)
1/4 cup fresh mozzarella (shredded)
1 tbsp. butter
sea salt and black pepper
*avocado and strawberries for garnish
In a skillet, put butter. Once melted, crack open three eggs and add to the skillet.
Let cook for about 3 minutes.
Add salami and mozzarella on top. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
Cook until eggs are firm and mozzarella has melted. (approx. 3-4 minutes)
Slide omelette onto a dish and enjoy.
Tag Archive: fresh mozzarella cheese
Have You “Liked” “Cooking With Mr. C.” on Facebook?
8 thin slices chicken cutlets
2 cups tomato sauce
2 cups fresh ricotta cheese
1 lb. piece fresh mozzarella cheese (sliced into 8 thin slices)
4 fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- In a large skillet put 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Cook chicken cutlets on both sides for about 3 minutes each.
- In a large baking pan, coat the bottom with tomato sauce. Place cooked cutlets in pan. Put a little tomato sauce on top of each cutlet.
- Put a dollop of fresh ricotta cheese on top of each cutlet. Spread the ricotta evenly on top.
- Put a slice of mozzarella on top of each cutlet. Sprinkle with sea salt and basil.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 1o minutes until cheese is melted. Serves 3 to 4 people.
2 tsp. olive oil
1 lb. sweet Italian sausage, casings removed, (chopped)
1 tsp. garlic (minced)
1 bunch broccoli rabe (about 10-12 oz.) (cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces)
sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1 cup prepared tomato sauce
2 cups fresh shredded mozzarella cheese
Pizza Dough (Premade)
- On a large board, put a tbsp. of flour. Spread it out. Roll out pizza dough. It should be about 1/4 inch thick. (Note: It doesn’t have to be round shaped. Whatever works for you.) Brush a drop of olive oil on a baking/pizza pan. Put dough on pan.
- In a small skillet put 2 tsp. of olive oil. Add sausage. Cook for about 5 minutes, until cooked and browned. Stir frequently. (set to the side)
- In a pot of boiling water, put broccoli rabe. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until tender. Drain well. Get all excess water out.
- Put tomato sauce on pizza dough. Scatter mozzarella on top. Put sausage, mince garlic and broccoli rabe on top. (see photo)
- Sprinkle a little sea salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle a little olive oil on top
- In a preheated oven of 400 degrees, bake pizza for about 20-22 minutes. *It depends on your oven. I checked it very often after the first 15 minutes. You want the dough cooked and crispy, but you don’t want it to burn on the bottom.
2 large eggplants (slices 1/4 inch thick)
2 large yellow peppers (sliced and seeds removed)
2 large beefsteak tomatoes (sliced)
1 lb. piece fresh mozzarella (thinly sliced)
1/2 cup fresh basil (pieces)
1 clove of garlic (chopped)
sea salt and black pepper
1. In a skillet add 3 tbs. of olive oil. Brown garlic and add eggplant and peppers. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on both sides. Cook until tender and remove. (You can drain eggplant and peppers on paper towels, if you wish.) Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
2. On a platter, arrange each row with a slice of eggplant, peppers, tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. Repeat the process on the whole platter. Put basil on top. Sprinkle with a little sea salt and black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
Serve cold. *Serves 6
2 large eggplants (peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick)
2 eggs (beaten)
2 cups of bread crumbs
1 cup fresh spinach (chopped)
1 cup shredded fresh mozzarella plus 1/4 cup extra for sprinkling on top
2 cups fresh ricotta
1 cup fontina cheese (shredded) plus 1/4 cup extra for sprinkling on top
homemade tomato sauce
1. Dip eggplant slices in egg and then bread crumbs.
2. In a large skillet put 4 tbs. of olive oil. Fry eggplant slices on both sides until tender. (about 3-4 minutes) Add more oil while cooking. Let eggplant slices dry on paper towel.
3. In a large bowl, mix ricotta, fontina, mozzarella and spinach. Add 2 tsp. of sea salt. Mix well.
4. In a baking dish put tomato sauce on the bottom.
5. Put a slice of eggplant. Put a spoonful of ricotta mixture on top. Add another eggplant slice on top. Put a little sauce on top. Put a little shredded cheese on top if you like. Repeat process to eggplant is all used. *You can stack the eggplant higher if you wish. You can also sprinkle a little parmesan cheese.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
6. Bake in oven for 10 minutes.