Have You “Liked” “Cooking With Mr. C.” on Facebook?
4 boneless pork chops.
1 cup of fresh leeks (chopped)
1 cup feta cheese
Put a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet. Cook leeks until tender and a little crispy. Set to the side.
In a large skillet or on a grill, put 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook pork chops on each side. (Depending on the thickness, at least a total of 10-12 minutes.) Chops should be white when you slice into them. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
When chops are just about done, add cooked leeks and feta cheese on top of chops. Cook an additional minute and then serve.
1 lb. fresh arugula (rinsed and drained)
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 avocados cut into pieces
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tbsp. chopped garlic (3 medium garlic cloves)
2/3 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1. Add all vegetables to one bowl.
2. In another bowl, mix dressing ingredients. (You may want to make the dressing an hour before serving)
1 (8 oz. can) chick peas (drained)
1 clove of garlic (chopped)
1 lemon (juiced)
2 tsp. tahini
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 qt. cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
3 basil leaves (chopped)
*extra olive oil
- In a food processor, put chick peas, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. Mix until smooth.
- In a bowl, add cherry tomatoes, feta cheese and basil. Sprinkle with a little sea salt and drizzle a little olive oil on top. Mix well.
- On a plate put some hummus. Put tomato and feta mixture on top. (see photo)
1 lb. pasta (shells)
1 cup of grape or cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
1 cup of feta cheese (cut in bite size pieces)
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup pine nuts
3 tbs minced garlic
5 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups olive oil
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Make pesto sauce and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Boil pasta to desired taste. (Drain well)
- Put pasta, tomatoes and feta cheese in a large bowl.
- Put about 1/4 cup of pesto sauce on top. (Mix well.) If you feel it needs more pest sauce add a little more. (Refrigerate for 30 minutes for a cold pasta salad.) *Pesto sauce can stay in refrigerator for 2 weeks.
4 tomatoes (sliced)
1 small red onion (thinly sliced)
2 cups fresh arugula (rinsed/dried)
1 small can pitted black olives (drained)
8 oz. feta cheese (cut into cubes)
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 tbsp. olive oil
3 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 lemon (juiced)
2 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
1 1/2 tbsp. honey
pinch of black pepper
- Dip feta cheese cubes into egg and then bread crumbs.
- In a skillet, put 2 tbsp. olive oil. When heated, add feta cheese. Cook on both sides for 2 minutes each and remove from skillet.
- On a large platter, spread out arugula. Put tomatoes, red onions and olives on top. (See photo.)
- Mix salad dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over salad.
- Top salad with fried feta.
4 slices of flounder
1 cup of feta cheese (crumbled)
1 cup of walnuts (chopped)
*Optional 1/2 cup of anchovies with capers
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Brush olive oil on slices of flounder. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt.
2. Coat the bottom of a deep baking pan. Place flounder in pan.
3. Cover pan with aluminum foil. Bake for 10 minutes.
4. Remove aluminum foil. Put feta cheese, walnuts and anchovies on top.
5. Return flounder to oven for another 8 -10 minutes, without foil. (Depends on the thickness of the flounder.)
Have You “Liked” “Cooking With Mr. C.” Facebook?
A quick and easy horderve for any party.
12 large shrimp (boiled, tails removed) *chopped
1/2 cup fresh arugula (chopped)
1/4 cup feta cheese (chopped)
1/2 cup grape tomatoes (chopped)
2 tbs. olive oil
1/2 tsp. sea salt
2 dozen mini filo shells (room temperature)
1. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except filo shells.
2. Fill shells with mixture. (see photo)