1 lb. medium shrimp (tail on is optional)
1 lb. fresh arugula (washed and drained)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp. dry thyme
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1. In a ziploc bag put shrimps, lemon juice, thyme, salt, pepper and garlic. Shake bag and refrigerate for at least two hours.
2. In a large skillet, put 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Heat and then put shrimps in pan. (garlic too) Grill on both sides for 3 minutes each.
3. Throw in arugula. Sprinkle a pinch and sea salt and pepper. Add an additional tbsp. or two of olive oil. Stir well. Cook arugula for about 2-3 minutes until it becomes soft. (not mushy) Remove and serve.
8 chicken cutlets
1 large eggplant (peeled and sliced thin)
1 large zucchini (sliced thin)
2 red peppers (sliced)
2 whole bulbs of garlic
4 tbsp. fresh parsley (chopped)
1 fresh lemon (squeezed)
sea salt and black pepper
cooked rice (of your choice)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Take both whole bulbs of garlic and put on top of aluminum foil. Pour a tbsp. of olive oil on top. Wrap up the garlic and place in oven for 30 minutes.
2. Remove garlic from oven and cool.
3. Peel skin off of garlic. In a food processor put garlic, parsley and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Pulse to a slight paste. Then add fresh lemon juice and beat again.
4. Rub a little olive oil on a grill. Grill all vegetables on both sides. You can baste vegetables with garlic mixture. Remove vegetables and keep warm.
5. Grill chicken on both sides, until cooked. (Meat must be white on the inside.) Baste with garlic mixture, when chicken is almost cooked. Cook for additional 2 minutes. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
6. On a platter, place your favorite cooked rice. Top with chicken and grilled vegetables. (see photo)
1 lb. fresh arugula (rinsed and drained)
1/2 lb. shrimp
1/2 lb. bay scallops
1 cup feta cheese
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
3 tbsp. olive oil (a little extra if needed)
sea salt and black pepper
- Rinse and drain fresh arugula. Place in large bowl.
- In a large skillet put olive oil and garlic. Cook for a minute and add shrimp and scallops.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper and stir. Stir and turn shrimp and scallops over. (about 2 to 3 minutes on each side) Total cooking shouldn’t exceed 7 minutes. Once shrimp and scallops are cooked, remove from heat and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, put shrimp and scallops on top of arugula.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on top.
*For a dressing, a simple vinaigrette mixed in is best. Toss well and serve.
1 cooked Rotisserie chicken cut into bite size pieces (no skin or bones)
2 cups brown rice
1 small onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1/2 cup pitted salad olives (Goya)
1 8 oz. can Del Monte Sauce
3 cups water
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cups chicken broth
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. oregano
pepper (to taste)
1. In a large pot, brown the onion and garlic in the olive oil. Add sea salt, pepper, oregano and can of sauce. Next, add olives. Simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Add water, chicken broth and rice. The liquids should cover the rice.
3. Cook at a medium flame for about 40 minutes or until rice starts to dry and become fluffy.
4. 5 minutes before rice is done, add cooked chicken to rice. Make sure chicken is heated through.
Have You “Liked” “Cooking With Mr. C.” on Facebook?
1 lb. cooked spaghetti
1 1/2 cups fresh ricotta
1 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella (shredded)
1 cup thinly sliced pepperoni
2 eggs (beaten)
4 tbs. olive oil
salt and pepper
1, Boil spaghetti to desired tatse. Drain, pour cold water over spaghetti. Drain well.
2. In a large bowl mix ricotta, mozzarella, pepperoni, a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Mix the beaten egg into the cooled spaghetti. In a large frying pan, put olive oil. Put half the spaghetti in pan. Put all ricotta, mozarella, pepperoni mixture on top. Spread it out.
4. Put remaining spaghetti on top.
5. On a medium heat, cook on one side for 10-12 minutes. After 8-10 minutes, using a dish, flip over and put back in pan. Cook on other side for another 8-10 minutes. You want it to be crispy on the outside. (See picture) Serve hot.
Optional: If you have a cast iron pan, you can bake it in the oven. 350 degrees for about 35-40 minutes.
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
3 tablespoons strawberry jelly (or flavor of your choice)
Powdered sugar, for dusting *raspberries on top are optional
- Whisk eggs and sugar together until well-combined.
2. Heat a lightly greased nonstick skillet over medium heat and pour in eggs. Shake the pan and stir the eggs with a spatula for 15 seconds. Use the spatula to smooth out the eggs and let cook for 2 minutes, or until set.
3. Carefully flip the omelette and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes. Slide the omelet onto a plate, spread an even layer of jelly over the eggs, and fold in half. Dust with powdered sugar.