Set it up and let everyone help themselves.
6 tortilla shells
6 chicken cutlets (grilled and cut into bite size pieces)
1/2 lb. shrimp (tails removed and boiled)
2 cups salsa
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups sour cream
1 head of iceberg lettuce (shredded)
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1. Fill each shell with lettuce and top with fillings of your choice.
Optional/Suggestions: red onions, guacamole, chick peas, black beans, sliced beef
Have You “Liked” “Cooking With Mr. C.” on Facebook?
1 whole chicken (cut up into pieces)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup paprika
1 tbsp. ground black pepper
1 tbsp. sea salt
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. onion powder
1 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Mix all spices in an a large Ziploc bag.
2. Add chicken pieces to Ziploc bag. Shake well.
3. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. (Overnight is even better.)
1.) Barbecue on a grill. Turning frequently. About 20 minute cooking time. (Make sure chicken is well cooked.) Or
2.) Preheat oven to 35o degrees and bake for 45 minutes.
*Note: Certain chicken pieces will cook faster than others. Make sure all chicken is cooked well.
8 chicken cutlets
1/2 lb French fries (potatoes)
fresh mozzarella (8 slices)
sea salt and black pepper
2 egg whites beaten
2 cups bread crumbs
1. Dip chicken cutlets in egg whites. Then coat cutlets with bread crumbs.
2. In a large skillet, put 1/4 cup of olive oil. Fry cutlets on each side for about 3 minutes each. Turn so they don’t burn. Remove and put to the side.
3. For the French fries, you can buy frozen and bake them. If not, get 4 large potatoes and slice into shape of fries. Sprinkle with sea salt and coat with olive oil. Put on a baking pan and bake in a 400 degree oven, and bake for about 25 minutes. (until crisp and tender) *Note: It’s faster to bake the frozen ones.
4. In a large baking pan, coat the bottom with tomato sauce. Put cutlets in pan. Put some sauce on each cutlet. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
5. Layer five or six fries on each cutlet and top with a slice of mozzarella cheese. (see photo)
6. In a preheated 400 degree oven, put cutlets in oven for about 5-7 minutes to heat through. You also want the mozzarella well melted.
8 chicken cutlets
3 large zucchini (cut into small pieces)
1 package small baby carrots
1/2 cup pecans
1 stick of butter plus 1 tbsp
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 cup vegetable stock
sea salt and black pepper
2 tbsp. olive oil
*Note: At one point, you will have two skillets working at the same time.
Boil carrots until tender and drain. (about 10-12 minutes)
In a skillet, put 2 tbsp. olive oil. Cook zucchini until browned and tender. Set to the side.
Flour cutlets. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
In another skillet, put 1 tbsp. butter. Add pecans. Melt butter. Stir pecans for about a minute and remove.
Add 1/2 stick of butter. Cook cutlets on both sides until brown and well cooked. Then remove.
Add remaining butter to skillet. Melt. Add vegetable stock, brown sugar and pecans. Stir well.
Add carrots to zucchini skillet. Heat through.
Place carrots and zucchini on a platter. Place chicken on top. Pour pecan sauce on top of chicken.
6 chicken cutlets (sliced into pieces)
1/2 lb. medium size shrimp (tails removed and cleaned)
2 cups carrots (sliced thin)
2 cups zucchini (sliced thim)
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
4 tbs. olive oil
salt and pepper
1. In a skillet put 2 tbs. of olive oil. Cook chicken pieces and remove to the side.
2. Next, add 2 tbs. of olive oil to the skillet. Cook garlic for a minute and then add carrots and zucchini. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir frequently.
3. When carrots and zucchini appear tender, remove from skillet. Add shrimp to same skillet. Stir and cook for about 3 minutes. Return chicken and vegetables to skillet and cook for an additional minute to heat through.
*optional: add 1/4 cup of white wine when you add in cooked chicken
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 large eggs whites (beaten)
2 tsp. minced ginger
1 garlic clove (minced)
3 cups chopped cabbage’
1 cup shredded carrots
5 shiitake mushrooms (sliced)
2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
3 tbsp. hoisin sauce
1 tsp. sesame oil
3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
1/4 cup scallions (sliced)
1. Heat 1 tbsp. vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat. Scramble the eggs. When done set to the side.
2. Heat 1 tbsp. vegetable oil in the skillet Add ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add cabbage, carrots and mushrooms. Cook for about 5 minutes. (add a drop more oil if needed)
4. Stir in the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and sesame oil.
5. Add the cooked chicken an eggs to the skillet. Mix and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
*Serve in warm tortillas.