1 large eggplant (peeled and cut into 8 thin slices)
24 large shrimp (cleaned and tail removed)
2 large bell peppers (red or yellow) sliced thin *seeds removed”
1 large bunch of broccoli rabe (or a bunch of broccoli)
1 large piece of fresh mozzarella (cut into 8 slices)
3 large eggs
sea salt and black pepper
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- Clean and rinse broccoli rabe. In a pot of boiling water, boil broccoli rabe for about 5 minutes. You want it tender, not mushy. *Drain well.
- In a skillet, put 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Brown garlic for a minute and add broccoli rabe. Sprinkle sea salt and black pepper. Stir for about 3 -4 minutes and remove to the side.
- In 2 bowls (one for beaten eggs and one for bread crumbs) coat eggplant slices and shrimp.
- In a large skillet, put 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Fry all eggplant slices and shrimp. Turn so they don’t burn on either side. (Approximately 3-4 minutes in total) Let dry on paper towels.*Add a little more olive oil if needed while frying.
- In a skillet, put 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sauté sliced peppers until tender. Sprinkle a little sea salt on top. Turn frequently. Put to the side when done.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large baking pan (coat the bottom with a little olive oil), layer an eggplant slice, a slice of pepper, 3 shrimp, a little broccoli rabe and topped with a slice of mozzarella. Repeat until you have made 8 of them. You can drizzle a drop of olive oil on top of mozzarella.
- Bake in oven for about 5-7 minutes until mozzarella has melted. Serve hot.
*You can use sautéed broccoli if you don’t want broccoli rabe. Serves 4 (2 pieces each)
1 lb. of your favorite pasta
1 lb. broccoli rabe
1 lb. sweet sausage (sliced)
3 cloves garlic (chopped)
salt and pepper
1/2 cup white wine (optional)
1. In a skillet, put 2tbs. of olive oil. Add sliced sausage. Drizzle a little more olive oil. Cook for 15 minutes. Set to the side.
2. In a pot of boiling water, throw in broccoli rabe. Cook for 5 minutes and drain well.
3. Set up a pot of water. When water begins to boil, throw in pasta. Depending on the pasta you are using, do a taste test before it’s done.
4. In a skilet, put 2 tbs. of olive oil. Add garlic. Once garlic browns, add broccoli rabe. Drizzle a lttle olive oil and salt and pepper. After 5 minutes, add sausage. Stir together. If you decide to add white wine, add it now. Cook for additional 3 minutes on a low simmer.
5. Drain pasta well. Add sausage and broccoli rabe on top. Sprinkle your favorite grated cheese on top. Serve warm. Serves 4 people.
2 lbs. sirloin steak
4 lobster tails
1 1/2 lb. broccoli rabe
1/2 lb. shrimp (peeled and boiled)
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1/2 cup butter
1. Cut off tough stems of broccoli rabe. Boil broccoli rabe in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain well. In a large skillet, put 2-3 tbs. of olive oil and garlic. Brown garlic and add broccoli rabe. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Cook until tender and set to the side. Keep warm.
2. In a large skillet, place sirloin steak. Season according to your taste. Cook to your desired taste.
3. Lobster tails should be cracked (cut open). Baste with a little melted butter. Broil in oven for about 8-10 minutes. Baste with butter occasionally. Keep an eye on them in the broiler. You don’t want them to burn.
4. On a large platter place steak with broccoli rabe. Serve with cold boiled shrimp with cocktail sauce and lobster tails with melted butter.
2 tsp. olive oil
1 lb. sweet Italian sausage, casings removed, (chopped)
1 tsp. garlic (minced)
1 bunch broccoli rabe (about 10-12 oz.) (cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces)
sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1 cup prepared tomato sauce
2 cups fresh shredded mozzarella cheese
Pizza Dough (Premade)
- On a large board, put a tbsp. of flour. Spread it out. Roll out pizza dough. It should be about 1/4 inch thick. (Note: It doesn’t have to be round shaped. Whatever works for you.) Brush a drop of olive oil on a baking/pizza pan. Put dough on pan.
- In a small skillet put 2 tsp. of olive oil. Add sausage. Cook for about 5 minutes, until cooked and browned. Stir frequently. (set to the side)
- In a pot of boiling water, put broccoli rabe. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until tender. Drain well. Get all excess water out.
- Put tomato sauce on pizza dough. Scatter mozzarella on top. Put sausage, mince garlic and broccoli rabe on top. (see photo)
- Sprinkle a little sea salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle a little olive oil on top
- In a preheated oven of 400 degrees, bake pizza for about 20-22 minutes. *It depends on your oven. I checked it very often after the first 15 minutes. You want the dough cooked and crispy, but you don’t want it to burn on the bottom.
1 lb. ground chopped meat
1 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 egg (beaten)
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 1/2 lbs. broccoli rabe (cleaned, rinsed and drained well)
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1 tsp. sea salt
1. In a large bowl, mix chopped meat, parmesan cheese, minced garlic, egg and black pepper. Mix well.
2. Use a heaping tablespoon of chopped meat and make round meatballs.
3. In a large skillet, put 3 tbsp. of olive oil.
4. Fry meatballs on all sides for a total of 5-6 minutes. Meatballs should be well browned.
5. Set meatballs to the side.
6. In a large pot of boiling water, cook broccoli rabe for 5 minutes and drain well.
7. In a large skillet, put chopped garlic with 3 tbsp. of olive oil. Brown garlic for a minute and add broccoli rabe. Sprinkle sea salt. Stir and cook until broccoli rabe becomes tender. (about 8-10 minutes)
8. Add meatballs to the broccoli rabe skillet. Make sure meatballs are heated through.