1 lb. of your favorite pasta
1 lb. broccoli rabe
1 lb. sweet sausage (sliced)
3 cloves garlic (chopped)
salt and pepper
1/2 cup white wine (optional)
1. In a skillet, put 2tbs. of olive oil. Add sliced sausage. Drizzle a little more olive oil. Cook for 15 minutes. Set to the side.
2. In a pot of boiling water, throw in broccoli rabe. Cook for 5 minutes and drain well.
3. Set up a pot of water. When water begins to boil, throw in pasta. Depending on the pasta you are using, do a taste test before it’s done.
4. In a skilet, put 2 tbs. of olive oil. Add garlic. Once garlic browns, add broccoli rabe. Drizzle a lttle olive oil and salt and pepper. After 5 minutes, add sausage. Stir together. If you decide to add white wine, add it now. Cook for additional 3 minutes on a low simmer.
5. Drain pasta well. Add sausage and broccoli rabe on top. Sprinkle your favorite grated cheese on top. Serve warm. Serves 4 people.
Tag Archive: broccoli rabe
2 lbs. sirloin steak
4 lobster tails
1 1/2 lb. broccoli rabe
1/2 lb. shrimp (peeled and boiled)
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1/2 cup butter
1. Cut off tough stems of broccoli rabe. Boil broccoli rabe in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain well. In a large skillet, put 2-3 tbs. of olive oil and garlic. Brown garlic and add broccoli rabe. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Cook until tender and set to the side. Keep warm.
2. In a large skillet, place sirloin steak. Season according to your taste. Cook to your desired taste.
3. Lobster tails should be cracked (cut open). Baste with a little melted butter. Broil in oven for about 8-10 minutes. Baste with butter occasionally. Keep an eye on them in the broiler. You don’t want them to burn.
4. On a large platter place steak with broccoli rabe. Serve with cold boiled shrimp with cocktail sauce and lobster tails with melted butter.
2 tsp. olive oil
1 lb. sweet Italian sausage, casings removed, (chopped)
1 tsp. garlic (minced)
1 bunch broccoli rabe (about 10-12 oz.) (cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces)
sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1 cup prepared tomato sauce
2 cups fresh shredded mozzarella cheese
Pizza Dough (Premade)
- On a large board, put a tbsp. of flour. Spread it out. Roll out pizza dough. It should be about 1/4 inch thick. (Note: It doesn’t have to be round shaped. Whatever works for you.) Brush a drop of olive oil on a baking/pizza pan. Put dough on pan.
- In a small skillet put 2 tsp. of olive oil. Add sausage. Cook for about 5 minutes, until cooked and browned. Stir frequently. (set to the side)
- In a pot of boiling water, put broccoli rabe. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until tender. Drain well. Get all excess water out.
- Put tomato sauce on pizza dough. Scatter mozzarella on top. Put sausage, mince garlic and broccoli rabe on top. (see photo)
- Sprinkle a little sea salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle a little olive oil on top
- In a preheated oven of 400 degrees, bake pizza for about 20-22 minutes. *It depends on your oven. I checked it very often after the first 15 minutes. You want the dough cooked and crispy, but you don’t want it to burn on the bottom.
1 lb. ground chopped meat
1 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 egg (beaten)
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 1/2 lbs. broccoli rabe (cleaned, rinsed and drained well)
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1 tsp. sea salt
1. In a large bowl, mix chopped meat, parmesan cheese, minced garlic, egg and black pepper. Mix well.
2. Use a heaping tablespoon of chopped meat and make round meatballs.
3. In a large skillet, put 3 tbsp. of olive oil.
4. Fry meatballs on all sides for a total of 5-6 minutes. Meatballs should be well browned.
5. Set meatballs to the side.
6. In a large pot of boiling water, cook broccoli rabe for 5 minutes and drain well.
7. In a large skillet, put chopped garlic with 3 tbsp. of olive oil. Brown garlic for a minute and add broccoli rabe. Sprinkle sea salt. Stir and cook until broccoli rabe becomes tender. (about 8-10 minutes)
8. Add meatballs to the broccoli rabe skillet. Make sure meatballs are heated through.
2 lbs broccoli rabe
1 lb. sliced portobello mushrooms
4 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 tsp. salt
pinch of black pepper
1. Wash and drain broccoli rabe thoroughly. Put broccoli rabe in boiling water for 5 minutes and drain. To stop from cooking, you can put the broccoli rabe in a bowl of ice water for a minute and drain thoroughly again.
2. In a large skillet, add 2 tbs. of olive oil. Add 1/2 of the chopped garlic. When garlic begins to brown, add the broccoli rabe. Add another 2 tbs. of olive oil. Add salt and pepper. Stir and cook until tender. (about 10 minutes)
3. While broccoli rabe is cooking, get another skilet. Add 2 tbs. of olive oil and remaining chopped garlic. When garlic has browned, add sliced portobello mushrooms. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir mushrooms for about 5 minutes. When done, pour over broccoli rabe.
4. Serve warm.
Note: This vegetable dish can also be served as a sandwich on a crispini.
1 lb. medium shrimp (cleaned and tail removed)
1 lb. broccoli rabe (rinsed and drained) cut off tough ends
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1. In a large skillet, add 2 tbs. of olive oil and half of the garlic. Add shrimp and a pinch of salt and pepper. Turn shrimp and cook for a total of 5 minutes. Remove shrimp and put to the side.
2. In the same skillet add 2 tbs. of olive and the rest of the garlic. When garlic begins to brown, add broccoli rabe. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Keep turning broccoli rabe. If broccoli rabe appears dry, add another tbs. of olive oil.
3. When broccoli rabe is tender, add shrimp. Stir together and serve hot.