Set it up and let everyone help themselves.
6 tortilla shells
6 chicken cutlets (grilled and cut into bite size pieces)
1/2 lb. shrimp (tails removed and boiled)
2 cups salsa
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups sour cream
1 head of iceberg lettuce (shredded)
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1. Fill each shell with lettuce and top with fillings of your choice.
Optional/Suggestions: red onions, guacamole, chick peas, black beans, sliced beef
Happy New Year 2018
2 large eggplants (slices 1/4 inch thick)
2 large yellow peppers (sliced and seeds removed)
2 large beefsteak tomatoes (sliced)
1 lb. piece fresh mozzarella (thinly sliced)
1/2 cup fresh basil (pieces)
1 clove of garlic (chopped)
sea salt and black pepper
1. In a skillet add 3 tbs. of olive oil. Brown garlic and add eggplant and peppers. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on both sides. Cook until tender and remove. (You can drain eggplant and peppers on paper towels, if you wish.) Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
2. On a platter, arrange each row with a slice of eggplant, peppers, tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. Repeat the process on the whole platter. Put basil on top. Sprinkle with a little sea salt and black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
Serve cold. *Serves 6
Here’s A Link To A New Story About About “Mr. C.” And His Books.
Q&A With Author John Contratti
Are You Following “Cooking With Mr. C.” on Facebook?
1 dozen stemmed strawberries
1/2 cup dark chocolate (chopped) (milk chocolate if you want)
1/2 cup white chocolate (chopped)
1. Rinse strawberries in cold water. Let thoroughly dry on paper towels. Leave 2 inches of the stem on the strawberry.
2. Melt chocolate and white chocolate separately. Once melted dip strawberries.
3. Let strawberries dry on wax paper and then refrigerate.
* If you have food coloring, you can add a few drops to melted white chocolate for extra designs on the strawberries.
If in the neighborhood, stop by and say “Hello”. Signing from 12:00 to 4;00.
1/2 lb. turkey (8-10 slices)
8 pieces cooked bacon
2 avocados (sliced)
2 tomatoes (sliced thin)
8 slices multigrain bread (toasted)
On each sandwich (toasted bread) place 2 slices of turkey, 2 strips of cooked bacon, sliced tomato and avocado. (You can put mayonnaise on the sandwich, if you like.)
Makes 4 sandwiches.
Don’t Forget “Mr. C. Takes Manhattan.” This Fall. Makes A Great Book/Gift To A Child This Holiday Season. (On Sale In October)