1 lb. penne
1/2 lb shrimp (uncooked)
1 large bunch of broccoli
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1 red bell pepper (chopped)
sea salt and broccoli
- In a pot of boiling water, cook broccoli for 5 minutes and drain well.
- In a large skillet, put garlic and 3 tbsp. of olive oil. Let garlic brown a minute and then add shrimp.
- Turn shrimp and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli and red bell pepper to skillet. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Stir frequently. Add a drizzle more of olive oil. Stir. Let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Serve over your favorite cooked pasta.
1 lb. pasta (shells)
1 cup of grape or cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
1 cup of feta cheese (cut in bite size pieces)
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup pine nuts
3 tbs minced garlic
5 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups olive oil
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Make pesto sauce and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Boil pasta to desired taste. (Drain well)
- Put pasta, tomatoes and feta cheese in a large bowl.
- Put about 1/4 cup of pesto sauce on top. (Mix well.) If you feel it needs more pest sauce add a little more. (Refrigerate for 30 minutes for a cold pasta salad.) *Pesto sauce can stay in refrigerator for 2 weeks.
Have You “Liked” “Cooking With Mr. C.” on Facebook?
1 lb. cooked spaghetti
1 1/2 cups fresh ricotta
1 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella (shredded)
1 cup thinly sliced pepperoni
2 eggs (beaten)
4 tbs. olive oil
salt and pepper
1, Boil spaghetti to desired tatse. Drain, pour cold water over spaghetti. Drain well.
2. In a large bowl mix ricotta, mozzarella, pepperoni, a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Mix the beaten egg into the cooled spaghetti. In a large frying pan, put olive oil. Put half the spaghetti in pan. Put all ricotta, mozarella, pepperoni mixture on top. Spread it out.
4. Put remaining spaghetti on top.
5. On a medium heat, cook on one side for 10-12 minutes. After 8-10 minutes, using a dish, flip over and put back in pan. Cook on other side for another 8-10 minutes. You want it to be crispy on the outside. (See picture) Serve hot.
Optional: If you have a cast iron pan, you can bake it in the oven. 350 degrees for about 35-40 minutes.
Have You “Liked” Cooking With Mr. C.” On Facebook??
2 lbs. tomato sauce
2 lbs. ricotta cheese
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1lb. box lasagna noodles
1. Boil lasagna noodles according to directions on the box, drain well and let cool a few minutes.
2. In a large bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, eggs, half of the grated Parmesan cheese, dried parsley, sea salt and ground black pepper.
3. To assemble, in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish, evenly spread 3/4 cup of the sauce mixture. Place a layer of lasagna noodles.
4. Use half of the cheese mixture and spread evenly. Add 1/4 cup sauce on top. . Repeat layers twice. Top with 3 noodles, remaining sauce, remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
5. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Get My New Children’s Storybook, “Mr. C. Takes Manhattan” from Mascot Books and Amazon.
1 lb. linguine
1 red pepper (seeds removed, sliced thin)
1 yellow pepper (seeds removed, sliced thin)
1 small red onion (sliced thin)
1 head of broccoli (chopped into small pieces)
1 zucchini (chopped into bite size pieces)
1 clove of garlic (chopped)
sea salt and black pepper
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1. In a large part of water , boil linguine for 10-12 minutes. (to your desired taste)
2. Drain linguine well. Add 1 tbs. of olive oil, garlic and stir. Add a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Mix well.
3. Add peppers, onion, broccoli and zucchini. Refrigerate pasta.
4. When ready to serve, remove from refrigerator and add parmesan cheese. Stir well.
I lb. rigatoni pasta
1/4 lb. ham (chopped)
1/4 lb. salami (chopped)
1/2 cup black olives (pitted and sliced)
1/2 cup red onion (sliced)
1 cup roasted peppers (sliced and chopped)
2 tbs. olive oil
1 tbs. fresh parsley (chopped)
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
3 tbs. parmigiano reggiano (optional) * Any parmesan cheese is good.
1. Boil pasta to desired taste. Drain well.
2. Add olive oil and stir well.
3. Add all other ingredients, mix well and serve.
*This is delicious warm and also cold.