4 large chicken cutlets (large enough for rolling)
1/2 lb. spinach
1/2 lb. fresh ricotta
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1 large egg (beaten)
1 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 cup of white wine
1 cup chicken stock
2 lemons (juiced)
salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a skillet, put 2 tbs. of olive oil. Brown garlic. Add spinach and cook until soft. Remove and let cool.
2. In a food processor, add ricotta, spinach and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Take chicken cutlets and lay flat on wax paper. Put 2 tbs. of ricotta spinach mixture. Roll chicken cutlets up and tie with a string.
4. Take rolled chicken cutlets and dip in egg and then flour.
5. In a skillet, put 3 tbs. of olive oil. Fry rolled cutlets on each side for 3 minutes so they become brown. Remove from heat.
6. In a baking dish, put browned rolled cutlets. Add wine, chicken stock and lemon juice. Bake in oven for 45 minutes. Remove string and serve.
Serve hot. Serves 4 people.
Are you following “Cooking With Mr. C.” on Facebook?