1 lb. uncooked medium shrimp (about 20 pieces)
1 large can tomatoes (whole pieces)
1 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
2 small shallots (chopped)
sea salt and black pepper
1. Open can of tomatoes. Slice tomatoes.
2. In a large skillet put 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Cook garlic and shallots for about 5 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Cook for 10 minutes.
4. Make sure uncooked shrimp are dry and not wet. In a bowl put shrimp. Add a tsp. of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Mix well.
5. In a round baking casserole dish, coat the bottom with 1/2 tsp. of olive oil. Add cooked tomatoes evenly on the bottom.
6. Put uncooked shrimp on top. Sprinkle feta cheese on top. (See photo)
7. In a preheated oven of 400 degrees, bake shrimp for about 10-12 minutes.
Serve hot. Serves 2-3 people.
1 lb. chopped beef (made into 4 burgers)
4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup guacamole
1. Cook burgers to your desired taste.
2. When burger is almost done, place a slice of cheddar cheese on top.
3. In a bowl, mix sour cream, salsa, and guacamole. Mix it all together.
4. When burger is done, put a dollop of salsa mixture on top.
*Serving with fries is optional.
5 cups of fresh peaches (peeled and sliced)
1 pint of fresh blueberries (rinsed and drained) all stems removed
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
Pie Crust Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 sticks of very cold unsalted butter (cut into 1/4 inch pieces)
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
7 tbs. ice water
Egg Wash and Sugar Ingredients:
1 large egg white (beaten)
1 tsp. water
1-2 tbs. coarse sugar (for sprinkling)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. In a food processor, mix all dry pie crust ingredients and then add cold butter. Pulse 6 to 8 times. Flour should be course. Slowly add a tbs. of iced water at a time. Pulse slowly. Dough should become more firm. Pinch dough and it should be firm. Add a drop more water if it’s not firm.
2. Roll dough on a floured surface. Roll into a ball and cut in half.
3. In a large bowl, put peaches, blueberries, sugar, cornstarch and vanilla extract. Mix together.
4. Take half of the dough and roll out. Place dough in 9 inch pie pan.
5. Take fruit filling and put in pan.
6. Take second half of dough and roll out. Cut dough into 1 inch strips.
7. Crisscross strips of dough on top of pie. (See photo) Crimp dough around entire pie.
8. In a little bowl, mix egg white and water.
9. Brush egg wash on top of pie thoroughly. Sprinkle coarse sugar on top of dough strips.
10. Place pie pan on a cookie sheet. (You don’t want juice of pie dripping in stove.)
11. Bake in oven for about 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 20 minutes. Pie crust should be golden brown and fruit should be bubbly when done.
1 lb. medium shrimp (cleaned and tail left on)
1 lb. mixed greens
1 cup orange slices (cut into bite size pieces)
1 cup cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
2 avocados (sliced)
1 tsp. sea salt
2 limes (juiced)
1 tbsp. olive oil
4 tbsp. chopped cilantro
1. In a Ziploc bag, put raw shrimp, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro and sea salt. *Let marinate overnight if possible.
2. Grill shrimp for 5-6 minutes. (Turn over half way.)
3. In a large bowl, put mixed greens. On top put orange slices, cherry tomatoes and avocados. Place shrimp on top.
*Serve with a vinaigrette dressing. *A honey vinaigrette is a good choice.