Have You “Liked” “Cooking With Mr. C.” on Facebook?
2 cups flour
1 cup Crisco
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup iced water
4 cups of fresh blueberries (washed and dried)
1 cup of sugar
2 1/2 tbs. of corn starch
1 tbs. margarine
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
1. In a bowl, mix flour and salt. With a mixer, add Crisco and iced water. With hands, shape dough into a ball. Roll half of the dough and fit to a 9 inch pie plate. Roll the other half of the dough and place to the side.
2. In another bowl, mix blueberries, sugar, corn starch and margarine.
3. Pour blueberries into pie plate. Take remaining rolled out dough and cover pie. Pinch dough all around the pie plate. Cut a 2 inch whole through the top of the dough. (see photo)
3. Bake for 40 minutes. Pie should look golden brown.
Serve at room temperature or refrigerate.
8 chicken cutlets
3 large zucchini (cut into small pieces)
1 package small baby carrots
1/2 cup pecans
1 stick of butter plus 1 tbsp
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 cup vegetable stock
sea salt and black pepper
2 tbsp. olive oil
*Note: At one point, you will have two skillets working at the same time.
Boil carrots until tender and drain. (about 10-12 minutes)
In a skillet, put 2 tbsp. olive oil. Cook zucchini until browned and tender. Set to the side.
Flour cutlets. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
In another skillet, put 1 tbsp. butter. Add pecans. Melt butter. Stir pecans for about a minute and remove.
Add 1/2 stick of butter. Cook cutlets on both sides until brown and well cooked. Then remove.
Add remaining butter to skillet. Melt. Add vegetable stock, brown sugar and pecans. Stir well.
Add carrots to zucchini skillet. Heat through.
Place carrots and zucchini on a platter. Place chicken on top. Pour pecan sauce on top of chicken.
1 1/4 lbs. lean ground beef
3 garlic cloves (minced)
1/4 cup onion (finely chopped)
1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. dry oregano
1 egg (beaten)
1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
1 lb. fresh mozzarella (sliced thin)
1. Mix all the ingredients (except mozzarella, olive oil and tomato sauce) and shape into meatballs.
2. In a large skillet, put 3 tbs. olive oil.
3 Cook the meatballs for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through and browned on the outside. Remove.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. In a baking pan, coat the bottom with sauce. Put meatballs in pan. Put sauce on top of meatballs.
5. Layer slices of mozzarella on top.
6. Bake in oven for about 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
*Serve on Italian bread as a hero if you like.
*You can use ground turkey or chicken instead of the beef.
Here’s A Link To A New Story About About “Mr. C.” And His Books.
Q&A With Author John Contratti