2 lbs. fresh string beans (ends trimmed)
2 cups bread crumbs
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
4 eggs (beaten)
1. Boil string beans for 3 minutes in boiling water. Drain well. Let cool.
2. Dip string beans in egg and then in bread crumbs and grated cheese. Cover completely.
3. In a deep frying pan put vegetable oil. Fill up pan half way.
4. Heat oil. When it starts to bubble on the sides, add string beans. You can fry them in batches. (Probably 4 batches.)
5. Cook for about 3-5 minutes until they are golden brown. Remove with a strainer and drain on paper towels.
Dipping Sauce Recommendation:
1 cup of Ranch dressing
1 tsp. fresh wasabi (2 tsp. if you like it more spicy)
Mix together in a bowl. Keep cold until serving. (You can use any favorite dipping sauce.)
2 cans red kidney beans
5 boneless chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
1 green pepper (seeds removed and diced)
1 small sweet onion (chopped)
2 tbs. olive oil
1 clove of garlic (chopped)
1 tsp. chili powder
1 (28 oz). can of crushed tomatoes
1 (6 oz.) can of tomato paste
1 cup of water
1 tsp. of sugar
1. In a deep pot, put olive oil. Cook chicken pieces on all sides. Stir frequently and cook for 4-5 minutes until cooked. Remove chicken and refrigerate. In the same pot, add another tbs. of olive oil. Cook peppers, onions and garlic until soft.
2. Add chili powder and stir. Add beans, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, water and sugar. Over a high heat, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer. Leave pot uncovered for 25 minutes. Stir occasionally. Add the chicken. Let simmer for an additional 5 minutes for chicken to heat through.
Serve hot. Serves 4 people.
6 chicken cutlets (sliced into pieces)
1/2 lb. medium size shrimp (tails removed and cleaned)
2 cups carrots (sliced thin)
2 cups zucchini (sliced thim)
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
4 tbs. olive oil
salt and pepper
1. In a skillet put 2 tbs. of olive oil. Cook chicken pieces and remove to the side.
2. Next, add 2 tbs. of olive oil to the skillet. Cook garlic for a minute and then add carrots and zucchini. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir frequently.
3. When carrots and zucchini appear tender, remove from skillet. Add shrimp to same skillet. Stir and cook for about 3 minutes. Return chicken and vegetables to skillet and cook for an additional minute to heat through.
*optional: add 1/4 cup of white wine when you add in cooked chicken
1 lb. piece of fresh tuna
1 cup canned chick peas (drained)
1/4 cup red onion (chopped)
1/2 cup fresh carrots (chopped)
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes in olive oil (chopped)
sea salt and black pepper
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
1. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt and black pepper on tuna.
2. With a little olive oil, brush a heated grill and grill tuna until desired taste.
3. In a skillet, put olive oil. Heat for a minute and add chick peas, red onions, carrots and sundries tomatoes.
4. Sprinkle with pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Mix well.
5. After 3 minutes, add white balsamic vinegar. Cook for an additional minute.
6. When serving, pour over grilled tuna and serve hot.
Have You “Liked” “Cooking With Mr. C.” on Facebook ?
2 cups non-fat vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup fresh blackberries
1/2 cup fresh strawberries (sliced)
2 tbs. granola
1. In a bowl, place yogurt.
2. Top with berries and granola.
4 tomatoes (sliced)
1 small red onion (thinly sliced)
2 cups fresh arugula (rinsed/dried)
1 small can pitted black olives (drained)
8 oz. feta cheese (cut into cubes)
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 tbsp. olive oil
3 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 lemon (juiced)
2 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
1 1/2 tbsp. honey
pinch of black pepper
- Dip feta cheese cubes into egg and then bread crumbs.
- In a skillet, put 2 tbsp. olive oil. When heated, add feta cheese. Cook on both sides for 2 minutes each and remove from skillet.
- On a large platter, spread out arugula. Put tomatoes, red onions and olives on top. (See photo.)
- Mix salad dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over salad.
- Top salad with fried feta.