8 chicken cutlets
1 large eggplant (peeled and sliced thin)
1 large zucchini (sliced thin)
2 red peppers (sliced)
2 whole bulbs of garlic
4 tbsp. fresh parsley (chopped)
1 fresh lemon (squeezed)
sea salt and black pepper
cooked rice (of your choice)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Take both whole bulbs of garlic and put on top of aluminum foil. Pour a tbsp. of olive oil on top. Wrap up the garlic and place in oven for 30 minutes.
2. Remove garlic from oven and cool.
3. Peel skin off of garlic. In a food processor put garlic, parsley and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Pulse to a slight paste. Then add fresh lemon juice and beat again.
4. Rub a little olive oil on a grill. Grill all vegetables on both sides. You can baste vegetables with garlic mixture. Remove vegetables and keep warm.
5. Grill chicken on both sides, until cooked. (Meat must be white on the inside.) Baste with garlic mixture, when chicken is almost cooked. Cook for additional 2 minutes. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
6. On a platter, place your favorite cooked rice. Top with chicken and grilled vegetables. (see photo)
1 lb. skinless/boneless salmon filets (ground)
1 tbsp. dijon mustard
1 tbsp. shallots (chopped)
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. lemon rind
1. Mix all ingredients in one bowl.
2. Make 4 burgers. (about 1/4 lb. each)
3. Brush grill with olive oil. Cook burgers on each side for 3-4 minutes each.
*Optional: Squeeze a little lemon juice on top, ketchup, or topping of your choice.
2 cups brown rice
2 cups of water
2 cups vegetable stock
1 head of broccoli (cut into pieces)
2 orange bell peppers (seeds removed and sliced) *can be red or yellow peppers
2 cups spinach (washed and drained)
1 red onion (sliced)
2 cups fresh mozzarella (shredded)
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
4 tbs. olive oil
salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. In a pot, put brown rice, water and vegetable stock. Add a pinch of salt. Put cover on pot and cook on a low heat. Cook for about 30 minutes. Remove lid to check that all liquid has absorbed and that the rice is fluffy. Put rice in a bowl and refrigerate to cool.
2. In a large baking pan, put all vegetables (except spinach) and garlic. Pour 4 tbs. of olive oil on top. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir well and bake in oven for 20 minutes. Add spinach and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Vegetables should be almost cooked, but not mushy. Remove from oven.
3. Remove brown rice from refrigerator. In a large deep baking pan, make a layer of brown rice in the bottom of the pan. The layer of brown rice should be about 1 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly on top. Put all baked vegetables evenly on top. Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
Edible Rice Paper (You can use romaine lettuce as your wrap.)
Romaine Lettuce (shredded)
2 large avocados sliced
1 cup sliced carrots (paper thin)
1 cup sliced cucumber (paper thin)
1 cup large boiled shrimp (sliced) (see photo)
- Open a piece of rice paper or a romaine lettuce leaf. Add carrots, cucumber, avocado, romaine lettuce and sliced shrimp.
- Roll up. (See photo) *Serve with your favorite Asian dipping sauce.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter (cubed)
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, flour and salt. Place vegetable oil into a one cup measuring cup. Add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
What can I say? It’s “Sally Field”!!! A true legend!!
It’s always a pleasure to hang out with the very nice, Matthew Rhys.