1 lb. of your favorite pasta
1 lb. broccoli rabe
1 lb. sweet sausage (sliced)
3 cloves garlic (chopped)
salt and pepper
1/2 cup white wine (optional)
1. In a skillet, put 2tbs. of olive oil. Add sliced sausage. Drizzle a little more olive oil. Cook for 15 minutes. Set to the side.
2. In a pot of boiling water, throw in broccoli rabe. Cook for 5 minutes and drain well.
3. Set up a pot of water. When water begins to boil, throw in pasta. Depending on the pasta you are using, do a taste test before it’s done.
4. In a skilet, put 2 tbs. of olive oil. Add garlic. Once garlic browns, add broccoli rabe. Drizzle a lttle olive oil and salt and pepper. After 5 minutes, add sausage. Stir together. If you decide to add white wine, add it now. Cook for additional 3 minutes on a low simmer.
5. Drain pasta well. Add sausage and broccoli rabe on top. Sprinkle your favorite grated cheese on top. Serve warm. Serves 4 people.
Archive for March, 2017
Have You “Liked” “Cooking With Mr. C.” on Facebook?
1 lb. cooked spaghetti
1 1/2 cups fresh ricotta
1 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella (shredded)
1 cup thinly sliced pepperoni
2 eggs (beaten)
4 tbs. olive oil
salt and pepper
1, Boil spaghetti to desired tatse. Drain, pour cold water over spaghetti. Drain well.
2. In a large bowl mix ricotta, mozzarella, pepperoni, a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Mix the beaten egg into the cooled spaghetti. In a large frying pan, put olive oil. Put half the spaghetti in pan. Put all ricotta, mozarella, pepperoni mixture on top. Spread it out.
4. Put remaining spaghetti on top.
5. On a medium heat, cook on one side for 10-12 minutes. After 8-10 minutes, using a dish, flip over and put back in pan. Cook on other side for another 8-10 minutes. You want it to be crispy on the outside. (See picture) Serve hot.
Optional: If you have a cast iron pan, you can bake it in the oven. 350 degrees for about 35-40 minutes.
1 lb. piece of fresh tuna
1 cup canned chick peas (drained)
1/4 cup red onion (chopped)
1/2 cup fresh carrots (chopped)
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes in olive oil (chopped)
sea salt and black pepper
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
1. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt and black pepper on tuna.
2. With a little olive oil, brush a heated grill and grill tuna until desired taste.
3. In a skillet, put olive oil. Heat for a minute and add chick peas, red onions, carrots and sundries tomatoes.
4. Sprinkle with pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Mix well.
5. After 3 minutes, add white balsamic vinegar. Cook for an additional minute.
6. When serving, pour over grilled tuna and serve hot.