4 large chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
4 slices Swiss Cheese
2 cups of eggplant (peeled and cut into cubes)
4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
salt and pepper
1. In a large Ziploc bag, add chicken breasts with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Take half of the chopped garlic and add it to the bag. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
2. In a very hot skillet, remove chicken breasts from Ziploc bag and brown chicken breasts on both sides for a total of 5 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Coat a large deep baking dish with 2 tbs. of olive oil. Add chicken breasts and bake for 40 minutes.
4. Meanwhile in a large skillet, add 3 tbs. of olive oil. Brown remaining garlic and add eggplant. Stir frequently. Cook until eggplant is crispy. When done, remove and set to the side.
5. After 40 minutes, remove chicken from oven. Put a slice of cheese on top of each chicken breast. Spoon eggplant on top of each chicken breast.
6. Return to oven for 3 minutes or until cheese has melted. Remove and serve hot.
Swiss Cheese Chicken Topped With Crispy Eggplant