5 red peppers (cut in half, seeds removed)
2 cups flavored bread crumbs
1 can (6 oz.) pitted black olives (drained and chopped)
1 cup pignoli nuts
olive oil (1/2 cup plus extra)
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix bread crumbs, black olives, pignoli nuts and garlic. Mix well. Add 1/2 cup of oil. Stir. (If it’s a little dry, add a little more olive oil.)
- In a large baking pan, brush a little olive oil on the bottom of the pan.
- Stuff each pepper with bread crumb mixture.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and make a hole on top. Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove tin foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes. (You want peppers to be tender and bread crumbs a little crunchy.) * Optional: You can squeeze a little lemon on top when serving.