Have You “Liked” “Cooking With Mr. C.” On Facebook??
8 medium-sized pieces of white fish
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup beer
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1 cup vegetable oil
1. Season fish with sea salt and black pepper.
2. Mix flour, beer, sea salt, black pepper and thyme in a large bowl. Whisk until everything is fully mixed. The mixture should resemble pancake batter. Add more beer if necessary.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a deep skillet/pan.
4. When oil is hot, coat thoroughly two pieces of fish in batter and then gently lie them in the oil.
5. Cook fish until it is golden brown and crispy. Pick up each piece of fish gently turn them over. Cook on the other side until done. (about a total of 5 minutes)
6. Drain fish on paper towels and fry the remaining fish pieces.
Serve warm with french fries. (see link)