3 lbs. mussels
3 avocados (sliced)
1/2 cup red onion (sliced)
1 bulb of garlic (roasted)
1/4 cup olive oil
sea salt and black pepper
- In a large pot, put 1 cup of water. Add cleaned mussels and cook on a low heat. (about 8 minutes) You want the mussels to open and cook.
- Drain well. Let cool a few minutes and then remove mussels from shells.
- Slice avocados to bite size pieces.
- Slice red onion.
- Put all ingredients in a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take a piece of aluminum foil. Put garlic bulb on top. Drizzle a tbsp of olive oil on top of bulb. Wrap up and cook in oven for about 30 minutes.
- Let cool and remove garlic from bulb.
- In a food processor, put garlic, 1/4 cup olive oil and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Pulsate for 20 seconds.
- Pour dressing over mussels and serve.