1 stick butter (softened)
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup apple sauce
2 tsp. orange extract
1 tsp. grated orange zest
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups of rolled oats
1 1/4 cups dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a mixing bowl, mix butter, white and brown sugar. Add eggs and apple sauce. Mix well.
2. Add orange extract and zest. Stir well.
3. In another bowl add flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix together.
4. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture. Stir as flour mixture is being added.
5. Add in oats and cranberries. Stir into batter.
6. On a greased ( a little butter) cookie sheet, add a rounded tbs. of cookie dough. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Watch they don’t burn on the bottom.
Let cookies cool, before eating.