2 cans ( about 14 oz. each) reduced sodium chicken broth
1 tbs. butter
1 tbs. olive oil
1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
1/2 cup onion (chopped)
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (optional)
2 cups fresh spinach (chopped)
1. In a deep pot, put chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and keep to the side.
2. In a large saucepan put oil and butter. Melt butter and add onion. Cooking for about 2 minutes and stir frequently.
3. Add rice. Keep stirring frequently, for 3 minutes.
4. Add wine and let simmer. Stir frequently, until liquid evaporates.
5. Stir in pumpkin. Add 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Keep stirring.
6. Reduce heat and continue stirring until liquid is absorbed. Continue to add broth, 1/2 cup at a time. Let each 1/2 cup of broth absorb before adding more broth.
7. Rice should be tender. Cook for about 20 to 25 minutes on a low-medium heat. Stir in dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds and spinach. Add sea salt for your desired taste. Cook for another 2 minutes and serve.