1 medium onion (chopped)
5 medium apples (chopped) * get a good apple
3 cups cooked wild rice
1 cup butter
1 loaf multi-grain bread (ends trimmed off) cut into small bite size pieces
1 1/2 cups raisins
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup chopped walnuts
3 tsp. poultry seasoning
2 tsp. fresh parsley (chopped)
sea salt and black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Butter a large baking dish.
2. Saute onions, walnuts, and apples in butter until soft in large saucepan.
3. Add remaining ingredients (except bread), and stir over a low heat for about 2 minutes.
4. Place chopped bread in a large buttered baking dish. Pour onion, walnut, rice mixture on top. Stir.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until stuffing becomes a little crunchy.