1 large green zucchini
1 large yellow zucchini
1 large eggplant (peeled)
2 large red peppers
1 large red onion
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper
garlic powder (optional)
focaccia bread or another crusty kind of bread
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Slice all vegetables into thin slices. Put vegetables in a bowl. Pour in olive oil and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well.
2. Put all vegetables in a baking pan and bake in oven for approximately 15 minutes. Since vegetables are sliced thin, they should cook quickly. If not, cook a little longer until vegetables are tender.
3. Remove from oven and put vegetables in a bowl. Add balsamic vinegar and garlic. Stir gently, not tearing vegetable slices.
4. Place slices of focaccia bread on a baking pan. Drizzle a drop of olive oil on each slice. Sprinkle a pinch of garlic powder (optional) on each slice. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on each slice.
5. Drain vinegar from vegetables. Put slices of each vegetable on each piece of bread. Top with the red onions.
6. Return to oven for 10-12 minutes until bread becomes a little crunchy.