2 grilled chicken breasts (salt and pepper before cooking) sliced after cooking
4 hard boiled eggs (sliced)
1 cup raw carrots (shredded)
2 cups iceberg lettuce (shredded)
4 tsp. romano grated cheese
1/4 cup caesar dressing
1. In a bowl, mix romano cheese and caesar dressing together.
2. Open a wrap, flat on a dish. Spread a tbs. of dressing on wrap.
3. Layer some chicken, lettuce, hard boiled egg and shredded carrots on top.
4. Roll wrap and fold in edges. Cut wrap in half.
Makes 4 wrap. (8 halves)
Archive for August, 2016
2 lbs. chicken cutlets (thinly sliced)
1 lb. medium shrimp (tails removed)
1 lb. red roasted potatoes (cut into quarters)
1/2 lb. carrots (sliced thin)
4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a large baking pan, put potatoes, carrots and garlic. Sprinkle sea salt and black pepper on top. Add parsley.
2. Drizzle olive oil on top. (about 4 tbsp.) Stir together.
3. Bake in oven about 40 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender. (check at 30 minutes)
4. In a skillet, put 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Cook chicken cutlets on each side for a total of 6 minutes. (3 minutes on each side.) Sprinkle with a little sea salt and black pepper. (Keep cutlets warm when done.)
5. Boil shrimps for 5 minutes and drain well.
6. On a platter placed grilled cutlets. Put roasted potatoes, carrots and shrimp on top. (See photo)
2 red bell peppers sliced thin (seeds removed)
1 green bell pepper sliced thin (seeds removed)
1 orange bell pepper sliced thin (seeds removed)
1 cup grape tomatoes
1 yellow zucchini sliced thin
1/2 cup red onion sliced thin
2 basil leaves (chopped)
½ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup mustard or dijon mustard
¼ cup honey
½ tsp. sea salt
½ tsp. black pepper
- Mix dressing ingredients and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- In a large bowl put all vegetables.
- Gradually add dressing to vegetables and mix. (about half)
- Adjust to how much dressing you want on your vegetables. Serve cold.
2 to 2 1/2 lbs large red tomatoes
3 tbs olive oil
2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup pesto, store-bought or homemade (recipe follows)
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup pine nuts
3 tbs minced garlic
5 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups olive oil
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 4oo degrees.
1. Core the tomatoes and then slice them across ( in 1/2 inch-thick slices)
2. Arrange the slices in a single layer on a sheet pan. Drizzle the tomatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with the oregano, 1 tsp. sea salt, and black pepper.
3. Bake the tomatoes for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, spread each slice with pesto, and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
4. Return the tomatoes to the oven and continue baking for 7 to 10 minutes, until the Parmesan is melted and begins to brown. Sprinkle with sea salt before serving.
How To Make Pesto:
Place the walnuts, pine nuts, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor . Process for 30 seconds. Add the basil, sea salt, and pepper. With food processor running, slowly pour the olive oil into the bowl through the feed tube and process until the pesto is pureed. Add the Parmesan and puree for a minute. Use immediately. You can store the pesto in the refrigerator or freezer with a thin film of olive oil on top. Makes 4 cups.