8 chicken cutlets
2 cups roasted peppers
8 slices fresh mozzarella
8 large pita breads
1 cup fresh basil
1 clove of garlic
1/2 cup grated cheese
1. In a large skillet put 1 tsp. of olive oil. Cook chicken cutlets for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle a little sea salt. (Turn over a few times.) Set to the side.
2. In a food processor, put basil, grated cheese, garlic and 3 tbsp. of olive oil. Mix well.
3. Take 2 pita breads. Put a teaspoon of pesto on both. Spread evenly.
4. Put 2 chicken cutlets on pita bread. Put 2 slice of mozzarella. Put a few roasted peppers on top. (Repeat and make 3 more paninis.)
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
6. Put pitas on a baking pan and bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes, until pita is crisp and mozzarella has melted.
*If you have a panini maker, use that. But for those who don’t, the oven is just as good.
Pesto Chicken Mozzarella and Roasted Peppers Panini