3 large beefsteak tomatoes (cut 4 slices out of each tomato)
3 ripe avocados (sliced)
4 slices of bacon
2 ears of corn
salt and pepper
1/2 tsp fresh parsley (chopped)
1. Salt and pepper ears of corn. Brush with a little olive oil. Grill corn until it’s a little browned. Remove and let cool. When cooled, shuck the corn off the cob and leave to the side.
2. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crispy and remove. Let dry on a paper towel.
3. Brush olive oil on each tomato slice. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on each side. Grill tomatoes on each side for about 5 minutes. (You want them a little tender, not soft.) Remove tomatoes from grill when done.
4. To stack tomatoes, take a tomato slice and put an avocado slice on top. Put another tomato slice on top. Then put an avocado slice and then top it with a tomato slice.
5. On the top, put a slice of bacon and a slice of avocado. Put 2 tbs. of corn on top.
6. In a small bowl, mix 2 tbs. of olive oil, 1 tbs. of balsamic vinegar and parsley. Stir. Drizzle a little over tomato and serve.
Makes four stacks.
Grilled Stacked Tomatoes