1/2 lb. ground chicken
1 scallion ( chopped )
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. black pepper
3 tbs. vegetable oil
wonton wrappers (found in most stores freezer department)
1. In a bowl, add chicken, scallions, sea salt and black pepper. Mix well.
2. Put a wonton wrapper on a flat surface. (Keep the wonton wrappers covered with a damp towel so they don’t dry out.) Place 1 tablespoon of chicken mixture in the center of the wrapper.
3. Coat the edges of the wrapper with a little water.
4. Fold the circle over to form a half moon. Press edges with fingers or fork. Set aside, covered with a damp towel, while you make the rest.
5. Get a large skillet and add oil. When the oil is hot, place the wontons in a single layer in the pan. Make sure they are not touching one another.
6. Cook dumplings for about 4 minutes. ( 2 minutes on each side) You want the wontons browned. Lower the heat to low. Pour in 2 tablespoons of water and immediately cover the pan with a lid. Cook until the wontons are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and serve hot with the dipping sauce. *Cut one open to make sure chicken is cooked on the inside.
1/2 cup ponzu (*check Asian section of supermarket)
1 tsp. hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon stir-fry seasoning mix
In a small bowl, mix the ponzu, hot sauce and stir-fry seasoning.