2 cups all-purpose flour
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 lb. thinly sliced chicken cutlets
2 cups chicken broth
2 eggs (beaten)
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 tbs. all-purpose flour
fresh parsley sprigs
1 lemon cut (slices)
1. Season ( 2 cups) flour with salt and pepper.
2. Coat chicken cutlets in flour and shake off excess. Then dip in egg.
3. Using a large skillet, heat vegetable oil.
4. Fry chicken until golden brown on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove and set to the side.
5. Melt butter in the same skillet. Stir in 2 tablespoons flour. Stir well.
6. Add chicken broth and lemon juice. Simmer (low heat) until thickened. (about 8-10 minutes)
7. Return chicken to the skillet. Continue simmering (low heat) until chicken is no longer pink in the center. (about 10-12 more minutes)
*Serve chicken with parsley sprigs and lemon wedges.
Lemon Chicken Francaise