4 whole wheat pita breads
guacamole (my recipe link below)
2 tbsp. butter
sea salt and black pepper
- Make guacamole. (Follow my recipe.) https://cookingwithmrc.wordpress.com/2015/01/26/cooking-with-mr-c-s-guacamole/
- Warm pita breads in oven until they’re a little crunchy.
- In a skillet, melt butter. Add eggs to fry. Sprinkle sea salt and black pepper.
- Spread guacamole on each pita bread and place a fried egg on top.
2 lbs. sirloin steak
4 lobster tails
1 1/2 lb. broccoli rabe
1/2 lb. shrimp (peeled and boiled)
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1/2 cup butter
1. Cut off tough stems of broccoli rabe. Boil broccoli rabe in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain well. In a large skillet, put 2-3 tbs. of olive oil and garlic. Brown garlic and add broccoli rabe. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Cook until tender and set to the side. Keep warm.
2. In a large skillet, place sirloin steak. Season according to your taste. Cook to your desired taste.
3. Lobster tails should be cracked (cut open). Baste with a little melted butter. Broil in oven for about 8-10 minutes. Baste with butter occasionally. Keep an eye on them in the broiler. You don’t want them to burn.
4. On a large platter place steak with broccoli rabe. Serve with cold boiled shrimp with cocktail sauce and lobster tails with melted butter.
2 cups all-purpose flour
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 lb. thinly sliced chicken cutlets
2 cups chicken broth
2 eggs (beaten)
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 tbs. all-purpose flour
fresh parsley sprigs
1 lemon cut (slices)
1. Season ( 2 cups) flour with salt and pepper.
2. Coat chicken cutlets in flour and shake off excess. Then dip in egg.
3. Using a large skillet, heat vegetable oil.
4. Fry chicken until golden brown on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove and set to the side.
5. Melt butter in the same skillet. Stir in 2 tablespoons flour. Stir well.
6. Add chicken broth and lemon juice. Simmer (low heat) until thickened. (about 8-10 minutes)
7. Return chicken to the skillet. Continue simmering (low heat) until chicken is no longer pink in the center. (about 10-12 more minutes)
*Serve chicken with parsley sprigs and lemon wedges.
16-20 large stuffing mushrooms
4 large potatoes (peeled and cubed)
1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese (shredded)
1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 stick unsalted butter (melted)
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tbs. fresh parsley (chopped)
2 cups vegetable stock
1. Boil cubed potatoes until tender. (about 15 minutes) Drain when done.
2. In a large bowl put potatoes, cheddar cheese, butter, cream, sea salt, pepper and parsley. Mix together until creamy.
3. Clean all mushrooms and dry each one. Stuff each mushroom with potato mixture.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. In a deep baking pan, put stuffed mushrooms. Pour vegetable stock into pan. Do not make stock touch top of potatoes. Vegetable stock should cover the mushrooms halfway.
5. Bake in oven for about 12-15 minutes until mushrooms are tender and potatoes are brown on top.