Haven’t a copy of “Cooking With Mr. C.” for your classroom or for your kids? Come and get a signed copy on Wed. June 8 at 6:30 pm at Barnes and Noble in Carle Place, New York.
1 lb. bow tie pasta (or your favorite pasta)
1 lb. carrots (shredded/grated thin)
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil (chopped)
1/4 lb. salami (sliced into thin pieces)
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
3 tbs. olive oil
salt and pepper
1. Boil pasta in water. (Time depends on pasta you use. Do a taste test, to see if done.)
2. In a skillet, add oil and garlic. When garlic browns, add carrots, sun dried tomatoes and salami. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook on a low heat and stir.
3. Drain pasta well. Pour carrot mixture on top. Sprinkle with your favorite parmesan cheese.
Serve hot. Serves 3-4 people.
Have You “Liked” “Cooking With Mr. C.” on Facebook?
1 1/2 lbs. large scallops
2 (10 oz. can) lentils (drained)
1 large zucchini (thinly sliced) see photo
4 tbs. olive oil
1 lemon (juiced)
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1. In a large pan, put 1 tbs. olive oil. Add 1/2 of the garlic. Brown for a minute and add lentils. Stir. Add 1 tsp. of sea salt. Cook for 4 minutes and remove.
2. Put lentils in a food processor and blend until creamy. Put in a pan and keep warm.
3. In another pan, put 1 tbs. of olive oil and saute thinly sliced zucchini until tender or a little crunchy. (your choice) Remove and keep warm.
4. In a large skillet, put 2 tbs. of olive oil and remaining garlic. Brown garlic and add scallops. Cook scallops on each side for about 4 minutes each. Right before scallops are done, put lemon over scallops. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. of sea salt and 1/2 tsp. of black pepper. Stir for a minute.
5. To serve, put a layer of lentils on a plate and spread it out. Put scallops on top. Put pieces of zucchini on top. (See photo)