Hope to see Long Islanders at Barnes and Noble in Carle Place, NY, as I sign my brand new children’s picture book, “Cooking With Mr. C.”, this Thursday, April 14, at 7:00 pm.
1 lb. of zucchini (sliced thin like linguine)
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1 12 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 tbs. fresh basil (chopped)
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1, In a large skillet, add 3 tbs. of olive oil. Brown garlic. Add zucchini.
2. Stir zucchini for about 2 minutes.
3. Add crushed tomatoes and all spices. Stir.
4. Cook on a low heat for about 30 minutes.
5. Zucchini should be tender when served.
Have You “Liked” “Cooking With Mr. C.” On Facebook?
2 sticks of butter (softened)
1 cup sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 large eggs
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 bag (12-14 ounce) wrapped caramels (cut into thirds)
1 1/2 cups chopped apple (very tiny pieces)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Mix butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and egg together. Beat until creamy.
2. In another bowl mix flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
3. Add flour mixture to butter mixture. Combine well.
4. Add in caramels and apples. Stir together.
5. On a parchment lined baking pan, put scoops of batter (about 1 large tablespoon)
6. Bake for about 15 minutes until cookies are golden brown around the edges.
Makes 18-24 cookies.