Have You “Liked” “Cooking With Mr. C.” on Facebook??
4 tbs. espresso powder
1 tbs. vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3 large eggs ( beaten )
1 lb. dark chocolate (chopped) * a good brand
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Mix espresso powder and vanilla extract.
2. In a large bowl, add sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Add eggs and espresso and vanilla to flour. Mix well.
4. Cut dough in half. Shape each half into a 2 1/2-inch-wide, 3/4-inch-tall log.
5. Put parchment paper on a baking pan. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until dough is firm.
6. Let cool for about 25 minutes.
7. With a serrated knife, cut logs into 1/4-inch slices on the diagonal
8. Put biscotti, cut side down, back on baking sheets. (use parchment aper)
9. Bake for another 15 minutes until biscotti is golden brown.
10. Remove from oven and let cool for 2 hours.
11. Melt dark chocolate. Dip one side of the biscotti and let dry on wax paper. (You can put them on a pan and in the freezer for five minutes for chocolate to dry faster.)
*Keep in a sealed container.
My New Children’s Picture Storybook, “Cooking With Mr. C.” is available. Get it through Mascot Books and Amazon.