Have You “Liked” Cooking With Mr. C. on Facebook??
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 lb. butter or margarine
1 cup of sugar
3 tbs. sour cream
1 cup chopped pistachios
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 lb. piece of dark chocolate (melted)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and sour cream.
2. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and pistachios. Then add it to the butter mixture.
3. Mix the dough into a ball. If sticky, add a little more flour. Dough must be soft. Form six loaves and put on a greased cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and slice into 1 inch wide toast slices. Return to oven for 7 minutes on each side. (total of 14 minutes)
5. Remove from oven and cool.
6. Melt dark chocolate and dip one end of biscotti. Let dry on wax paper. Refrigerate for faster drying.
Makes about 3 dozen.
*Don’t forget, my brand new children’s picture storybook for kids and teachers, “Cooking With Mr. C.”, is available through Mascot Books and Amazon.