1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. ground pork
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 large egg yolks
2 scallions thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 tbsp. freshly grated ginger
1 tsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
2 tbsp. honey
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with a little olive oil.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water; set aside.
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic powder, honey and 1 cup water; bring to a simmer.
4. Stir in cornstarch mixture until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 2 minutes.
5. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, breadcrumbs, egg yolks, scallions, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and pepper.
6. Using a spoon or clean hands, stir until well combined. Roll the mixture into 1 1/4-to-1 1/2-inch meatballs, forming about 35 meatballs.
7. Place meatballs onto prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 20-25 minutes. Serve meatballs immediately with warmed teriyaki sauce, poured over meatballs.
*Serve as horderves. (mini- meatballs)