2 tsp. olive oil
1 lb. sweet Italian sausage, casings removed, (chopped)
1 tsp. garlic (minced)
1 bunch broccoli rabe (about 10-12 oz.) (cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces)
sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1 cup prepared tomato sauce
2 cups fresh shredded mozzarella cheese
Pizza Dough (Premade)
- On a large board, put a tbsp. of flour. Spread it out. Roll out pizza dough. It should be about 1/4 inch thick. (Note: It doesn’t have to be round shaped. Whatever works for you.) Brush a drop of olive oil on a baking/pizza pan. Put dough on pan.
- In a small skillet put 2 tsp. of olive oil. Add sausage. Cook for about 5 minutes, until cooked and browned. Stir frequently. (set to the side)
- In a pot of boiling water, put broccoli rabe. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until tender. Drain well. Get all excess water out.
- Put tomato sauce on pizza dough. Scatter mozzarella on top. Put sausage, mince garlic and broccoli rabe on top. (see photo)
- Sprinkle a little sea salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle a little olive oil on top
- In a preheated oven of 400 degrees, bake pizza for about 20-22 minutes. *It depends on your oven. I checked it very often after the first 15 minutes. You want the dough cooked and crispy, but you don’t want it to burn on the bottom.