Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1 pie crust (any crust/dough recipe) 2 rolled out pieces for a 9 inch pie pan
1 cup of sugar
1 cup walnuts (chopped) *a few for the top of the pie
2 tbs. flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
6 cups peeled, sliced apples
2 tbs. butter
1 tbs. lemon juice
1. Combine sugar, cinnamon, walnuts, salt and flour in a bowl.
2. Put one layer of dough in a 9 inch round pie dish. Arrange apples in layers . Sprinkle sugar mixture over each layer. Sprinkle with lemon juice and put pieces of butter on top of apples.
3. Put top crust over filling, and press edges together.
4. Cut a few slits in top of dough.
5. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until center slits seem bubbly with sugar.
*For the last 15 minutes, you can put a few walnuts on top, if you wish.
Apple Walnut Pie