1 lb. linguine
1/3 cup olive oil
3 large cloves garlic, chopped
2/3 cup dry white wine
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
dried red-pepper flakes ( a pinch)
3 cups canned crushed tomatoes in thick puree (one 28-ounce can)
1 cup bottled clam juice
1 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. fresh-ground black pepper
3/4 pound chopped clams, drained (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. In a large frying pan, heat oil over a low heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add the wine, thyme, and red-pepper flakes and bring to a simmer. Cook until reduced to about 1/3 cup, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, clam juice, and salt. Raise to a medium and bring to a simmer. Stir occasionally, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
4. Add the clams and bring back to a simmer. Continue simmering until the clams are just done, about 1 minute longer.
5.Stir in the parsley and black pepper. Taste the sauce for salt, and add more if needed.
6. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the linguine for about 10 minutes. Give a taste test for your desired taste. Drain well and toss with the sauce.
Homemade Red Clam Sauce Over Linguine