8 chicken cutlets
3 large zucchini (cut into small pieces)
1 package small baby carrots
1/2 cup pecans
1 stick of butter plus 1 tbsp
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 cup vegetable stock
sea salt and black pepper
2 tbsp. olive oil
*Note: At one point, you will have two skillets working at the same time.
- Boil carrots until tender and drain. (about 10-12 minutes)
- In a skillet, put 2 tbsp. olive oil. Cook zucchini until browned and tender. Set to the side.
- Flour cutlets. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
- In another skillet, put 1 tbsp. butter. Add pecans. Melt butter. Stir pecans for about a minute and remove.
- Add 1/2 stick of butter. Cook cutlets on both sides until brown and well cooked. Then remove.
- Add remaining butter to skillet. Melt. Add vegetable stock, brown sugar and pecans. Stir well.
- Add carrots to zucchini skillet. Heat through.
- Place carrots and zucchini on a platter. Place chicken on top. Pour pecan sauce on top of chicken.
1 lb. linguine
1/3 cup olive oil
3 large cloves garlic, chopped
2/3 cup dry white wine
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
dried red-pepper flakes ( a pinch)
3 cups canned crushed tomatoes in thick puree (one 28-ounce can)
1 cup bottled clam juice
1 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. fresh-ground black pepper
3/4 pound chopped clams, drained (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. In a large frying pan, heat oil over a low heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add the wine, thyme, and red-pepper flakes and bring to a simmer. Cook until reduced to about 1/3 cup, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, clam juice, and salt. Raise to a medium and bring to a simmer. Stir occasionally, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
4. Add the clams and bring back to a simmer. Continue simmering until the clams are just done, about 1 minute longer.
5.Stir in the parsley and black pepper. Taste the sauce for salt, and add more if needed.
6. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the linguine for about 10 minutes. Give a taste test for your desired taste. Drain well and toss with the sauce.
1 lb. uncooked medium shrimp (tail removed)
1 jar (24 oz.) B &G Sweet Red Peppers (sliced)
1 cup leeks (chopped)
1 tbsp. olive oil
sea salt and black pepper
- Boil shrimp for 5 minutes. (until pink) Drain well.
- In a large skillet, put olive oil. Cook leeks for about 3 minutes.
- Add peppers to skillet. Stir together. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add boiled shrimp.
- Raise heat and keep stirring for about 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
3 cups grated zucchini
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs, beaten
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup golden raisins (regular raisins are good also)
1⁄3 cup walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Cream sugar and oil together. Add eggs, zucchini and vanilla, mix well.
2. Sift together flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add raisins and nuts.
Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well.
3. Pour into two greased and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
4. Bake for 1 hour or until tests done.
5. Let stand 5 minutes before turning out onto wire racks to cool.
*Recipe makes two loaves. Jelly and preserves are nice on top.
8 chicken cutlets
2 large green tomatoes (thinly sliced)
1 large jar of B&G Sweet Red Peppers (sliced)
1/2 cup chopped leeks
- In a large skillet, put 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Sauté leeks for about a minute. Add green tomatoes. Sauté for about 2 minutes. Add sweet red peppers. Sprinkle with a pinch of black pepper. After about a minute, put mixture into a bowl and set to the side.
- In the same pan, on a high heat, start cooking chicken cutlets. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Cook cutlets on both sides. Make sure they are well cooked.
- Add pepper mixture back in the pan on the top of the cooked cutlets.
- Heat through and serve.
*Firm red tomatoes can be used, if you don’t have green ones left over from your garden.
2 lbs. fresh arugula (rinsed and drained)
1 (10 oz. can) white beans (rinsed and drained)
1 cup of sundried tomatoes in oil (chopped)
1 cup walnuts (chopped)
3 tbs. olive oil
2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. black pepper
4 tbs. grated parmesan cheese (optional)
1. In a large skillet, put 3 tbs. of olive oil. Begin to saute arugula.
2. After about 3 minutes, add white beans, sundried tomatoes and walnuts.
3. Add sea salt, pepper and 1 tbs. olive oil, if needed. Stir well.
4. Cook for another 2 minutes and serve.
*You can sprinkle parmesan cheese on top when serving.